icon

2008 mazda 3 sport viper 5901

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
berg9987 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2009 at 11:06 AM / IP Logged  

My girlfriend purchased a Viper 5901 for her 2008 Mazda Sport after her car was broken into.  She bought it and had it installed at a local Future Shop.  Although very satisfied with the alarm, the install did leave something to be desired (sensitivity not set right, rear defogger not connected, we have no idea where the remote start defeat switch is, etc).  One of the major selling points for this alarm (for her) was the priority door locks.  The factory keyfob unlocks the drivers door on the first press of the unlock button and all the doors on the second.  The Viper has this ability as well.  However the alarm isn't doing that.  One press of the unlock/disarm button and all the doors unlock.  She had to take the car back the next day with her spare key to get the remote start to work.  When she went back and asked the installer if she could have the priority door lock option activated he said that the Viper 5901 couldn't do that.

Now I've been looking around at the wiring connections for the alarm online and for the door locks it states:

POWER LOCK GREEN/ red - driver kick, door harness Notes: Lock is negative trigger thru an 1,000 ohm resistor. Unlock is a straight negative trigger. MUST use relays.

POWER UNLOCK same as power lock wire
DOORLOCK MOTOR yellow/black 5wi driver kick, door harness
DOOR UNLOCK MOTOR WHITE/ black 5wi driver kick, door harness

So my question is, is it possible to get the Viper's priority door locks working in this car?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Berg

yimke 
Copper - Posts: 417
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2009 at 12:41 PM / IP Logged  
First off let me start out by saying: Rear defrost is hardly EVER included in an install, but it is an option they should have asked if you wanted. Expect to pay $20-50 for this. Just because the brain has the capability to do memory seats, rear defrost, window roll down doesn't mean that we hook it up for every car.
berg9987 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2009 at 1:30 PM / IP Logged  

Yeah, the installer didn't ask about any options. I did ask about window roll up and that required another module so we passed on that.  We got the impression from the sales guy that all the included options would be hooked up. 

I get what you're saying about options not being connected.  Our case might simply be the sales person over-promising to get his commission and then not communicating the sale details to the installer.  However, setting the sensitivity of the impact sensor and showing the owner where the remote start defeat switch is should be included with the installation.  I'm sure you can agree with that.

In any case, I'm still wondering about the priority door locks.  Thanks for the quick reply.

Cheers,

Berg

Thack79 
Silver - Posts: 526
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2009 at 1:56 PM / IP Logged  
Sales people know NOTHING about installtion (sorry its a sterotype) so dont take promises from a sales person because 9 time outta 10 they dont know the details of the work involved and whats considered an add on option.  Least from my days at Circuit City. Im not sure where you went.   Ive seen some installers not install the defeat switch and simple just ground it. If the questions are asked to the installer before and after installation, you still be lost and unsure of all the features that your remote start unit is capable of doing.
berg9987 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2009 at 4:49 PM / IP Logged  

Okay, I didn't mean for this to turn into a salesperson vs. installer argument.  I have done my research and I know what the Viper 5901 is capable of.  I'm installing one myself in my car (just waiting for garage time).

The 5901 can do priority locks.

The Mazda does priority locks from the factory.

The wiring information I've found (posted above) uses only one wire for lock and unlock.

Can the 5901 be connected to operate priority door locks in this car?  If so, how would it be wired up?

Cheers,

Berg

t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2009 at 5:33 PM / IP Logged  

Yes it is possible to get priority lock working in this car! Take the lock to the wire through a relay like this

Pin 87 - ground

pin 85- lock trigger from alarm

pin 86 - constant fused twelve at five amps

pin 30 to the GREEN/ red wire, but insert the 1k resistor between the relay and the car's wire

Take the second unlock straight to the GREEN/ red

I'm thinking logically in that if it has priority locking from factory then the priority relay for the driver's door unlock would be in there somewhere, if someone else can shed light on this it could be of help to the original poster!

But i'm gonna go ahead with the way you could do it, find the unlock motor leg of the driver door and cut it,

and connect via a relay like this

Pin 87 and 86- twelve volts fused at five amps

pin 85- unlock trigger from alarm

pin 87a- ground

pin 30- to the cut lock wire actuator side (the other side is unused). Tape off and isolate

commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic