icon

remote start problem w/ viper 791xv

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dcash18 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2009 at 7:49 PM / IP Logged  
I am having problems with my remote start system. My car is a 2002 Honda Accord EX and the alarm is a Viper 791xv. Everything works perfectly except for the remote start:
- When the alarm is armed the car will not attempt to remote start.
- When the alarm is unarmed the car will remote start. It turns on typically, parking light flash works fine. The car runs for about 15-20 seconds. At that time the car shuts back down. A green key lights illuminates on the car's dashboard. The car's lights blink 4 times. I belive the problem is the result of my failure to bypass the car's factory alarm. I have attempted to bypass it using the blue wire in the front left door as directechs suggests. However, this does not solve the problem. Any suggestions for solving this problem would be greatly appreciated!
dcash18
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2009 at 10:00 PM / IP Logged  
Sounds like a tach issue to me!
commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
dcash18 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2009 at 8:37 AM / IP Logged  
Tach is hooked up and reads correctly via multimeter. I have also switched over to voltage just to make sure it was not a tach issue. Same problem exists in both tach and voltage.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 05, 2009 at 9:43 AM / IP Logged  
armed/disarmed issue: Describe what you mean by "not attempt to remote start".....does it at least flash the parking lights? Does the ignition turn on?
The blue wire in the driver's door is only to disarm the factory content-theft alarm system; it does nothing to help with the car's anti-theft transponder key immobilizer system.
Do you have any kind of extra bypass module installed in the car, or only the 791XV and nothing else?
Will the remote start work correctly if you leave a good key in the ignition, in the Off position?
dcash18 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2009 at 10:39 AM / IP Logged  
armed/disarmed issue: when the alarm is armed and you push buttons on the keypad nothing happens. No parking lights, no signal acknowledging the car is attempting to start on the keypad, the car does not attempt to start at all. It's like something is keeping the remote start funtion from being able to activate.
I have a 555u bypass installed and it appears to work. If it were not working properly the car would not start for more than a second or two (i believe). The remote start does not work correctly when a key is left in the ignition in the off position....same result as the one i have been having.
Also to note:
If the alarm is disarmed
and
I remote start the car
and
I put my key in the ignition, turn the ignition to the on position, and put my foot on the brake to "release" the remote start
The car stays on and runs fine. It's like it is set to auto-turn off after 20 seconds instead of 10 minutes.
zerepdivad 
Silver - Posts: 605
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2009 at 6:49 PM / IP Logged  
4 blinks is transmitter shut down i believe.
A DMM is a beautiful thing.
MECP Advanced Installer Certified.
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Posted: December 05, 2009 at 9:54 PM / IP Logged  

What happens if you start the car with the key, then remote start the car with the remote and remove the key from the vehicle?

Kevin Pierson
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2009 at 12:05 PM / IP Logged  
If you get no response from the remote starter after attempting to push the start button on the remote that is usually the neutral safety input not seeing ground. What did you connect the BLACK/ white neutral safety input to?
Regarding the unit shutting off after 15 seconds...
Try disconnecting the antenna after the remote start begins the starting process and see if it stays remote started.
dcash18 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2009 at 4:48 PM / IP Logged  
KPierson - the car shuts down whether the key is in the ignition or not. Is that what you were asking? If not let me know and I will reply.
JWorm - the BLACK/ white neutral safety is running through a toggle switch. The toggle seems to be operatinal as one wire is grounded, while the other one is connected to the BLACK/ white wire.
- I remote started the car using the keypad and then unhooked the antenna prior to the car shutting off. It still shut off after 15-20 seconds.
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Posted: December 06, 2009 at 6:36 PM / IP Logged  

No, that isn't what I was asking.

If you start the car with the key (so that the car starts up and is running normally)

then trigger the remote start system

then remove the key from the ignition

what happens?

If the car runs great with no problems then the problem is with your bypass - if it shuts off then the problem is with your engine sense (tach).

Kevin Pierson
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic