icon

clarion dxz775usb not turning on

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cabron19 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2009 at 12:58 PM / IP Logged  
I have a clarion DXZ775USB head unit that powers up normally sometimes and then acts as though it has been completely disconnected from the car other times. [more and more often recently] the symptoms first started appearing when occasionally in the morning when i would first start the car the deck would automaticaly start up in system configuration mode. Asking my speaker configuration and such. This started happening more and more often and now it is not uncommon for the deck to just not come on at all for longer and longer periods of time! Has anyone else had this problem or have any idea what could be going on? I have completely removed the deck from the car twice now and redone all of the wiring as well. Both yellow wires go directly to battery as does the ground. The red ACC wire runs straight to the ignition. Orange wire is hooked directly to the headlight circuit and the amp turn on wire runs through a relay to the amps. I am at a total loss here. Have had the car torn apart for three weeks now.
Someone please help!
icearrow6 
Copper - Posts: 497
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2009 at 1:39 PM / IP Logged  
Do u have a DMM? (milti-meter)
Check the actual voltage at all the said wires. . .
Also, i had a similar problem long ago where the unit would not turn on at all at times (also a clarion) and the problem was one of the speakers. Test each speaker individually, and the wiring individually.
it would help to post YEAR, MAKE, and MODEL of the car in question.
cabron19 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2009 at 3:30 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I have checked all wires with a DMM and they all check out fine. Also I have put an alternate deck in temporarily and it worked fine. The car in quetion is a 2000 Honda Civic EX.
cabron19 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2009 at 3:37 PM / IP Logged  
icearrow6, can you elaborate on the speaker situation that was causing you problems with your clarion? Reason I ask is since you mentioned it I started thinking and actually the midrange in the passenger door seems to go out every once in awhile. Hmm?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic