icon

03 gmc sierra remote starter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
turnchaser 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2009 at 8:47 AM / IP Logged  
I installed this yesterday. My first install! It works, but I was doing more research(after the truck got picked up) and see that the white ignition wire must be hooked up. DOH! I didn't hook it up bc I didn't have enough ignition wires from my avital 4103. So I am getting the car back next Sunday to finish that. My question is how to get the voltage to that wire? And why/how does this damage the transmission?
Should I: (This is to avoid back feeding voltage in the acc position)
1) Use a high current diode form the ignition wire? I don't know where to get one, the only thing on the circuit is two 10 amp fuses.
2) Use a relay to apply B+ in remote start. If I do this route would the pink ignition wire on the ignition switch work as a good trigger?
Also is there a way to get info from dei? They don't have much support or info as far as I can tell. Also it would be nice to have info on the xpress kits? I had a tough time getting the xpress kit to program, in the sheet I got with it it didn't say to press a button on the key fob on step 4.5(to send data on the d2d wire). Found that online through here :). Great resource guys! Thank you all!
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 07, 2009 at 9:01 AM / IP Logged  
4103 should have given you a secong IGN out.... it was pink/white.....  make sure customer DOES NOT USE the remote starter until you get this fixed or he risks serious damage to his vehicle......
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Posted: December 07, 2009 at 9:33 AM / IP Logged  
Agree with kgerry. Where did you connect the pink/white Ignition 2 output from the remote start?
And definitely get that truck back right away. At the very least, he's going to go into "limp-home" mode where all kinds of warning lights come on in the instrument cluster, and he'll only have second gear.
About the bypass kits, the best site to go to for those is www.xpressdownload.com. (bypasskits.com doesn't have much of anything worthwhile.) At xpressdownload.com, you can go to "manual downloads" and read the specific manual for the type of car you're working on, rather than the generic one that comes shipped with the product.
turnchaser 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2009 at 11:16 AM / IP Logged  
I reviewed and reviewed the diagrams(GM dealer technician), I cannot see where/how this will damage the trans. I also had it running on remote start for 45 minutes...
I have wires in the following arrangement:
vehicle/remote start
red ckt 142/b+ in
red ckt 342/b+ in
pink ckt 3/pink ignition output
yellow ckt 5/violet starter output
orange ckt 300/orange accessory output
brown ckt 4/ignition 2 output
i need one more wire for the white wire... should I just disconnect the brown wire and use that?
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Posted: December 07, 2009 at 3:46 PM / IP Logged  
Ign 2 output should go to the white IGN 2 wire in the vehicle... Brown is 2nd ACC and not required
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
metz35 
Copper - Posts: 458
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2009 at 5:33 PM / IP Logged  
had a remote start 3 years ago, where the the second ignition failed inside the remote start , had a xmas tree on the dash, and a bill from the dealer. no white wire = not good
el ranchero 
Copper - Posts: 92
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2009 at 7:07 PM / IP Logged  
this wire power the transmission computer, with no juice on it will fry the transimission, like $2000 damge, i hate when gm changes wires at times its white other times it white pink.03 gmc sierra remote starter - Last Post -- posted image.
rocker
turnchaser 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2009 at 12:38 PM / IP Logged  
One more question... Where do I put the door trigger? Do I even need it? It comes from the DLPKGM and I don't know where to put it on the 4103.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic