icon

08 dodge diesel delay

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
joshuahead16 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2009 at 3:56 PM / IP Logged  

I am repairing a AS2300TW with ADS AL CA bypass into a 08 Dodge 5500 diesel. The remote starter worked in the summer but now its -38 C today and there is no delay. There isn't an option for delay unless this specific CS is put into cold weather mode and the client doesn't want the vehicle starting every 2 hours for many reasons. This is the newest diesel I have worked on and apparently we cannot tie into the wait to start light because it has data. Is there any way of wiring this so I don't blow anything up and bring a delay for glow plugs. I have never used a 528T but if anyone has diagrams that would work in this situation I'm all eyes. I would appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Josh

ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2009 at 5:51 PM / IP Logged  
I would just use a 528T if you are not able to program a delayed start on the R/S unit itself.
joshuahead16 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2009 at 1:05 PM / IP Logged  
How would you wire it though? I heard you aren't supposed to tie into the wait to start light because on an 08 Dodge diesel it has data and this may fry the CPU?
ckeeler 
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2009 at 2:23 PM / IP Logged  
the 528T doesnt' tie into anything in the vehicle other than power and grounds. it "acts" as the wait to start light for the remote start unit thus creating a delayed start so that the glow plugs can get hot. you can adjust the delay with the adjustment screw on the 528T.
joshuahead16 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2009 at 3:59 PM / IP Logged  

What if the remote starter does not have a wait to start wire?It has a glow plug input wire+ would that work too?

ckeeler 
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2009 at 4:18 PM / IP Logged  
yes, that is the same thing.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic