icon

car alarm doesnt attract enough attention

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
colin12 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2009 at 4:23 AM / IP Logged  

Hey im looking for some peoples opinions on how to make my car alarm more noticible i have to park in real bad neighbour hoods sometimes so the louder the better.

Currently siren not very loud only lights that flash are the indicators.

First thing could someone please recomend me a loud siren i wish to add another 2 sirens(can i just wire them in paralle with the current siren?) or would i need to connect them via a relay to the battery?

How do i wire my headlights and parking lights to flash as well currently only the indicators flash if i need to use a relay could someone please tell me what to connect to each pin on the relay to.

My car is a 1998 mitsibithi lancer

My alarm is a dominator not sure of the model number they dont seem to have a website.

All help would be realy appreciated thanks.

t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2009 at 4:22 PM / IP Logged  
Run the sirens through a relay! The light flash as well! Also a back up battery would be excellent, see if you could locate a compact one that could sustain aroun ten amps or so per hour! Or from a familiar friend on this site, two german sheperds and a shotgun! Lol, jus kidding!
commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
zerepdivad 
Silver - Posts: 605
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2009 at 4:54 PM / IP Logged  
You can add sirens but you generally won't want your headlights to flash because after a bit your battery may die on you.
A DMM is a beautiful thing.
MECP Advanced Installer Certified.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2009 at 5:09 PM / IP Logged  
Actually I lied, one male Shepherd was sufficient. The shotgun I might have got away with in the UK (But not an Auto Franchi) Only ever had 2 at a time was when I was with the ex-wife but they never went for her....I'm saying no more
ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2009 at 10:20 PM / IP Logged  
add some air horns. car alarm doesnt attract enough attention -- posted image.
colin12 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2009 at 1:08 AM / IP Logged  

i already have the indicaters flashing so if flashing the headlights will use to much battery can someone recomend a brand of siren? i want to add atleast one more depending on how loud how would i wire it? would i connect the siren to a relay connect the battery and siren output from the alarm brain to the relay as well? if headlights are no go how about the parking lights or brake lights?

some links to where i can purchase a good siren online would be great or a brand name and model number?

Thanks so much to everyone who has replied much appreciated

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic