icon

have key and remote truck won't start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
baabaa 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2009 at 10:58 AM / IP Logged  
I have an Autopage alarm with remote starter and window module, it has been installed on my 97' Ford F150 for about 10 years. Lately it doesn't allow me to start my truck. I can actually hear the starter disable switch kick in which leaves me out in the stranded. After a day or sometimes a few hours it will then start with no problem but it could happen at anytime. I tried removing the entire "brain" of the unit and it still doesn't start. I read in one of the forums that it may be a faulty relay switch. Can someone please help
ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2009 at 8:25 PM / IP Logged  

you will need to remove the knee bolster under the steering wheel and possibly the shroud around the steering colomn depending on where the ignition harness was interfaced with. find the ignition wires and locate the RED / blue wire. you will see where the wire was cut in half with leads that run to a relay, simply put the RED / blue wire back together as it was before the Autopage alarm was installed.

*note* do not use tape or wire nuts to do this. if at all possible solder this wire back together and use tape (first) AND heat shrink tubing to insulate it when done.

baabaa 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2009 at 4:43 PM / IP Logged  
Will this still allow me to use my auto start? Is the realy bad, can't I just replace it?
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2009 at 5:08 PM / IP Logged  
Shouldnt effect the remote start ...unless you remove the starter output wire from the remote start while repairing the starter kill(relay...re-attaching the cut starter wire...)) on the alarm portion
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
icearrow6 
Copper - Posts: 497
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2009 at 12:21 PM / IP Logged  
This disables the "starter kill" feature of the alarm system.
Follow the wires that are attached to the RED / blue wire and see if the "relay" is damaged. you want to check that the wires REC/BLUE have continuity when the alarm is disabled.
Otherwise do as stated above. good luck.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic