icon

factory door locks to viper 5901 jeep wra

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
timcan72 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2009 at 8:04 AM / IP Logged  
Having trouble connecting my factory locks to a Viper 5901.It is a 2008 Jeep Wrangler.It has a one wire multiplexed system with 330 ohm resistor on the lock signal.When I connect each of the two outputs alone from the alarm they work fine but when running them through relays I get no unlock signal but do get the lock signal.I have used loose automotive relays and a 451m lock module both with the same results.Connecting relays as described here and connecting 451m as follows:violet/blk to ground,GREEN/ black to lock wire with resistor,blue/black to lock wire straight,3 way plug to viper.Any insight is appreciated.
timcan72
ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2009 at 10:34 AM / IP Logged  
unlock should be through a 100 ohm resistor.
timcan72 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2009 at 11:32 AM / IP Logged  
I will try that.I had read somewhere to try a 1k but that did not work.Thanks for the info.It just throws me off because it will work without any resistor when hooked up direct to the alarm.
timcan72
ckeeler 
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2009 at 11:44 AM / IP Logged  
well if it works when the lock outputs are hooked to the alarm direct, but just not when they are on the lock wire together, try this: connect them back that way (direct without using the 451m) only add a diode inline on each of the lock output wires, white stripe facing towards the unit.
ckeeler 
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2009 at 11:45 AM / IP Logged  
keep in mind you may still need a 100 ohm resistor, but try it with just the diodes first. if the diodes only do not work, then add the resistor as well and try it.
timcan72 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2009 at 11:55 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks I am really stuck on this one.
timcan72
timcan72 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2009 at 12:41 PM / IP Logged  
confirmed that it was a 100 ohm resistor.locks working through 451m at the moment.I tried with 12 volt zinc diodes without resistor and it didn't work but i will try again this evening now that I have the correct resistor.Thank you for the help I appreciate it very much.
timcan72
moparguy9 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2009 at 5:26 PM / IP Logged  
I had this issue with my 2002 dodge ram with the same 5901 and I was able to get it to work with 1300 ohms. I am not sure if this will help you in this application, but it might be worth a shot if you have a few different bags of resistors from radio shack like I had on my install.
Sprouticus

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic