icon

honda sl3, can sl2

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Memphisman 
Copper - Posts: 161
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2009 at 7:35 PM / IP Logged  
I'm having a problem installing a HONDA-SL3 and a CAN-SL2 into a 2009 Honda Pilot. None of the wire colors do not match. Here is what I have.
pin 1 brown
pin 2 pink
pin 3 lt. blue
pin 4 white
pin 5 lt.green
pin 6 brown
pin 7 white
Any help would be helpful
metz35 
Copper - Posts: 458
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2009 at 8:09 PM / IP Logged  
what exactly are you trying to hook up the sl3 or cansl2?
the sl3 is installation type 4 light green is data and yellow is ignition
the cansl2 Can high is white and can low is green
note there are 2 little plugs at the ignition switch...
Memphisman 
Copper - Posts: 161
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2009 at 6:19 AM / IP Logged  
I'm using the HONDA-SL3 for the anti-theft bypass and the CAN-SL2 for the doorlocks/alarm
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2009 at 7:21 AM / IP Logged  

yes we are aware of that. we know what the modules do, we just both want to know what your trying to do. your not being specific. the pilot, after the first shipment, they changed up the colours of the harness. the colours that you have are the exact same as the 09 accord. I will showu how to wire it up properly.

to wire up the honda sl3, there are 2 harnesses. 

1)  4pin connector that contains black,red,blue,white(power)
2)  8pin connector that contains green,blue,ORANGE / black, etc

since im assuming your running everything w2w and not d2d since its not reliable, for harness (1), snip one end off and depin the WHITE and BLUE wires. Connect BLACK to ground and RED to constant 12v.

For harness (2), since there are 8 wires, you need to remove 5 wires but leave YELLOW, PURPLE / WHITE, and BLUE. wire this harness to the immobilizer ring on the car. this is a white 7pin harness. below is how to wire it from the HONDA-SL3 to CAR WIRING

YELLOW (sl3) - pin 2 ignition YELLOW 
PURPLE / WHITE (sl3) - pin 6 data light green
BLUE (sl3) - to remote start units (ground when running, status output, defogger output, bypass output, etc)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CAN-SL2

contains 3 harnesses that supplies power, data to car and all inputs/outputs. Harness

1) 4pin connector that contains black,red,blue,white(power)
2) 14pin connector that contains lt blue, white, pink, blue, orange etc
3) 4pin connector that contains BROWN / white, grey, grey/black, brown

starting with harness (1), snip one end off and depin the WHITE and BLUE wires. Connect BLACK to ground and RED to constant 12v.

now with harness (2) make all necessary connections to the alarm/remote start, and cut wires that you will not be using. if its an alarm/rs you will use 9 wires total

these 2data wires are twisted together, and leads to the same connector where you will be making connections for the HONDA-SL3. In a nutshell, there will be 4 wires connected to the immobilizer plug. 2-data and 2-bypass.

Take harness (3) snip off the BROWN / WHITE, and BROWN.
connect the GREY (can high) to PINK pin 4
connect the GREY/BLACK (can low) to BLUE pin 3

as you mentioned, if the harness you have on your car does not have the same colour as the wiring diagram from fortin, thats okay. Its because they used the same pinout/wiring has the accords.  Make sure its the right harness first by looking for a twisted pair of wires. if you do locate that, just wire it up the way i showed you. all should work. good luck!

Ted

tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2009 at 6:16 AM / IP Logged  
update us if u can
ppdd127 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2010 at 4:47 PM / IP Logged  
Hi,
I am trying to program the HONDA SL-3 on my honda civic 2007 with viper 5701. I am having trouble in programming the module i think. If you could help me with that then it would be perfect! So, When i try to program it and at the step when i put the key in and turn the key to on. The module's LED blinks 10 times after that it starts blinking really fast. what is that means? and the installation guide says i have to hookup the blue cable to "(-)while running" where does that cable go?? and so i have hooked up the ignition cable to yellow cable in civic and the light green to data in car. any advise will be appreciated! Thank you so much for your time.
tedmond wrote:

yes we are aware of that. we know what the modules do, we just both want to know what your trying to do. your not being specific. the pilot, after the first shipment, they changed up the colours of the harness. the colours that you have are the exact same as the 09 accord. I will showu how to wire it up properly.

to wire up the honda sl3, there are 2 harnesses. 

1)  4pin connector that contains black,red,blue,white(power)
2)  8pin connector that contains green,blue,ORANGE / black, etc

since im assuming your running everything w2w and not d2d since its not reliable, for harness (1), snip one end off and depin the WHITE and BLUE wires. Connect BLACK to ground and RED to constant 12v.

For harness (2), since there are 8 wires, you need to remove 5 wires but leave YELLOW, PURPLE / WHITE, and BLUE. wire this harness to the immobilizer ring on the car. this is a white 7pin harness. below is how to wire it from the HONDA-SL3 to CAR WIRING

YELLOW (sl3) - pin 2 ignition YELLOW 
PURPLE / WHITE (sl3) - pin 6 data light green
BLUE (sl3) - to remote start units (ground when running, status output, defogger output, bypass output, etc)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CAN-SL2

contains 3 harnesses that supplies power, data to car and all inputs/outputs. Harness

1) 4pin connector that contains black,red,blue,white(power)
2) 14pin connector that contains lt blue, white, pink, blue, orange etc
3) 4pin connector that contains BROWN / white, grey, grey/black, brown

starting with harness (1), snip one end off and depin the WHITE and BLUE wires. Connect BLACK to ground and RED to constant 12v.

now with harness (2) make all necessary connections to the alarm/remote start, and cut wires that you will not be using. if its an alarm/rs you will use 9 wires total

these 2data wires are twisted together, and leads to the same connector where you will be making connections for the HONDA-SL3. In a nutshell, there will be 4 wires connected to the immobilizer plug. 2-data and 2-bypass.

Take harness (3) snip off the BROWN / WHITE, and BROWN.
connect the GREY (can high) to PINK pin 4
connect the GREY/BLACK (can low) to BLUE pin 3

as you mentioned, if the harness you have on your car does not have the same colour as the wiring diagram from fortin, thats okay. Its because they used the same pinout/wiring has the accords.  Make sure its the right harness first by looking for a twisted pair of wires. if you do locate that, just wire it up the way i showed you. all should work. good luck!

Ted

tedmond 
Posted: November 22, 2010 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged  

If it blinked 10 times very fast as you enter program mode, that indicates the module has been programmed correctly. Do NOT try to program more than 6 times, or that bypass is garbage. It goes into a lockout mode.

If it continually flashes, it means it has not been programmed yet. The (-) while running goes to your ground when running on the alarm unit OR sometimes called status output, third ignition, bypass output.

the wires you need will be listed in the install manual.

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2010 at 5:16 PM / IP Logged  
As Ted said, the Honda-SL3 Blue wire (-) While Running should go to the Vipers Blue (-) 200mA Status Output wire or the Blue/White (-) 200mA 2nd Status (if it is programmed for (-) 2nd Status).
Soldering is fun!
ppdd127 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2010 at 8:22 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you so much guys! I will give it a try in couple days and update the post..:)

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic