icon

compustar 2w90fmsa setting run time.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jamesparadiso 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2009 at 11:22 PM / IP Logged  
I just had this system installed on my 2010 Tundra. I've installed remote starters in the past just not a compustar. I would like to change the run time on this starter. How is it done? With my past remotes you enter programming by a series of button presses after turning ignition on then entering the corresponding button press for the option you desire to change following a programming chart. Is this sytem the same? The 1 manual the dealer left in my truck says it can be set for 3, 15, 25, or 45 minutes. I just really don't want to take it all the way back to the dealer to adjust settings when I know I am capable of doing it myself, I was just left no documentation and the CM3000 manual on here I don't know about since it only states 2 different time settings adjusted by a dip on the control unit when the user manual i was left with states 4 different time settings and says to tell dealer to adjust "option 2-7" if that helps? .
Any help is appreciated on how to get into the programming options and changing them with this system.
Thanks!
-Jim
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2009 at 11:10 AM / IP Logged  

I believe you need to change Option 2-07.  There are 4 choices: 1=15min(default), 2=25min, 3=45min, and 4=3min.

Using your 2 way remote, do the following:

1.  To get into Option Menu 2.  Press and hold buttons 1 & 2 for 2.5 seconds, then press and hold buttons 1 & 4 for 2.5 seconds.

2.  Tap button 4 to step thru Menu 2 options1 thru 6 & get to 2-07.  (press button 4 & wait for lights flash / siren chip for each step.)

3. Once you get to 2-07 wait until the lights flashes 7 times to confirm location.

4.  Then press the button that corresponds to your run time choice, 1-4. 

The instructions above are for the CM5000 series.  I have never used the remotes to program Compustar units.  I use the OP500 programmer, but if  you need more detail, let me know.

Soldering is fun!
icarus_icarus 
Copper - Posts: 229
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2009 at 12:37 PM / IP Logged  

There is a dipsitch to double the time it runs on the CM3000 brain. I can't remember off hand which one, but there is only two on it. One is for the Tach/Alt sense and the other for run-time. I'll see if I can find my manual...

·Ď˘ĺrµ§·
compustar 2w90fmsa setting run time. -- posted image.
icarus_icarus 
Copper - Posts: 229
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2009 at 12:42 PM / IP Logged  

Here, one of the members here posted up a manual in .pdf:

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/file.asp?ID=355

It's the second page in the diagram it says " 15(25)/25(45) " on the upper left side by the loop. Those are the run times. You want it in the On postion to double the time (what ever it's not on now most likely.)

·Ď˘ĺrµ§·
compustar 2w90fmsa setting run time. -- posted image.
jamesparadiso 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2009 at 2:16 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks guys, the system I have installed is the 2W900FMR but as far as anything I can tell it doesn't use the CM3000 module. The book I was left states options exactly to what you posted kreg357 so I guess I have the 5000 module in there.   If I wanted to get into option 1 in the future kreg what is the procedure is it holding 1+2 and then pressing 1+2 again for option 1? Thank you!
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2009 at 4:02 PM / IP Logged  

A question first.  Did you try the programming procedure above and did it work ( change the run time )?

Next question.  Is your system a remote start only or remote start & alarm?    R/S=CM5200  R/S + alarm = CM5000

Here is a link to the options on the CM5000 system:  http://www.compustar.com/remotestartalarm/MaxItDetails.pdf

There are procedural differences between the 2 way remote and the one way remote when doing option programming.  As above, the instructions are for the 2 way remote.

Option Menu 1  = Buttons 1 & 2 for 2.5 secs, then buttons 1 & 2 for 2.5 secs.

Option Menu 2  = as above.

Option Menu 3  = Buttons 1 & 4 for 2.5 secs, then buttons 1 & 2 for 2.5 secs.

Option Menu 4  = Buttons 1 & 4 for 2.5 secs, then buttons 1 & 4 for 2.5 secs.

Good Luck!

Soldering is fun!
jamesparadiso 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2009 at 7:11 PM / IP Logged  
It's the start only since my vehicle came with the factory alarm.
I fol;lowed the procedure above and got all the confirmations of light flashes/click. However when I go to remote start vehicle again it still says 25 minute run time on my 2w remote regardless of any option I try and change it to.
jamesparadiso 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2009 at 7:35 PM / IP Logged  
I got it, i was pressing 1=2 again instead of 1=4 to enter into option 2 list.
Kreg do you have a pdf file for the CM5200 since I have the alarm only? I am going to want to wire and program the remote starter aux to open and close the sunroof come summer time and any install manuals will be a big help since the dealer made sure I didn't get them!
CHEERS!
kreg357 
Posted: December 12, 2009 at 8:13 PM / IP Logged  

Strange.  It seems to program but doesn't.   Does the truck still run the entire 25 minutes or turn off at the new time setting?  I would try to look under the dash on the drivers side to see if I could locate the Compustar control unit and get the model number from it ( black sticker with white numbers).  Here is the link to the CM5200 program options:  http://www.compustar.com/remotestart/StartItDetails.pdf  Option 2-07 is the same.

As a test, I took a new CM5200 out of the box and hooked it up on the bench.  I programmed a one way remote to it ( thats all I have on hand ) and went thru the process you did.  I changed Option 2-07 to 2 from the default of 1.  Then I went in with the OP500 to verify the change.  It worked OK.

Do you have a one way remote?  The procedure is the same, just the buttons are changed.

Menu 2 is Lock + Unlock for 2.5 secs, then Lock + Key/Start for 2.5 secs. 

Hold Trunk + Key/Start for 2.5 secs to step thru each option,1-6, (getting the flash at each step) ,stop at 7 and get 7 flashes. 

Tap Lock for 1, Unlock for 2, Key/Start for 3 and Press Trunk + Key/Start for 2.5 secs for 4.

There is a reset procedure for the entire group but that will set all options in Group 2 back to defaults, affecting other areas.  I would suggest a return trip to the install shop first.

Soldering is fun!
kreg357 
Posted: December 12, 2009 at 8:23 PM / IP Logged  

I got your update after I finished my last reply.  Good news!  However, you might have changed Option 1-07.  It controls UnLock/Disarm/Trunk...

I have the CM5200 install manual but it is 6.2 meg, too big to post on this site.  I can EMail it to you.  PM me with your EMail address.

Soldering is fun!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic