the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

astrostart 2205 indicator lights

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
monty_77 
Copper - Posts: 491
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2009 at 11:39 PM / IP Logged  
whitebuck22 wrote:

I also noticed this morning that my truck acutally remote started itself.  I looked out the window and the truck was running.  I had the remotes in the truck.  Can you explain this one? 

if it was really cold outside and the remote starter is in the sentinel mode (Low temp mode) it will start by it self every 2 1/2 hour by it self. if it cold enough
as for programing the remotes it will not work if you do not have a brake signal to the brain the led should light up with the press of the brake
Also it will flash with the engine running that indicates its getting tach signal.
I would check the connection at the brake and at the brain it should be a WHITE/ green wire off the remote starter.
The BLACK/ green is the tach signal and the BLACK/ red is the hood pin switch
good luck
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 15, 2009 at 7:58 AM / IP Logged  

If the receiver (on the window) is even slightly unplugged... you will get nothing ..

check the cable at BOTH ends, the receiver and at the brain.

rustic_comfort 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2009 at 2:58 PM / IP Logged  
If you brake light only comes on with the key on what you have to do is flip you 8 up hold the brake and turn ign on then of it should go into programming mode.
whitebuck22 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2009 at 7:59 AM / IP Logged  

rustic_comfort wrote:
If you brake light only comes on with the key on what you have to do is flip you 8 up hold the brake and turn ign on then of it should go into programming mode.

Thanks.  I will give this a try today.  I'll keep my fingers crossed. 

whitebuck22 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2009 at 9:16 AM / IP Logged  

Here is my latest trial.

1.  Before I touched anything this morning I looked at the module and it was blinking.  I counted the number of blinks and the module would blink 9 times, pause, and then repeat 9 blinks.

2.  I tried to flip the #8, hold the brake, and turn the ignition on, and nothing seemed to change.  I also flipped the #8, held the brake and started the truck.  At this point the LED light starts blinking I believe in Tach Mode.  After trying this a couple of different times, I noticed that the light on the module blinked really fast for a couple of seconds and then went right back into tach mode.  I tried to program the remote after this and I cant seem to get this step to work.

3.  At no point with the pickup turned off can I get the module to blink when I push the brake; however it do notice a change in the blinking when I tap the brake when the truck is running.

My question is:  Does it matter if the pickup is running or turned off during this?  Does it matter if the key is in the ignition in the off position, or does it need to be in accessory mode.

I do believe that the unit is working since it was starting itself in valet mode a few days ago.  I unplugged the power supply from the module and it seemed to stop the truck from starting in valet mode.

Thanks for all of your help this far.  Can anyone please verify if I am performing the steps exactly right.

monty_77 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2009 at 5:36 PM / IP Logged  
code 9 is the run time expired
I do not think you can do it well its getting a tach signal.
it all else falls maybe try to disconnect the brake wire and try to program it with touching a know positive source to the brake wire to simulate the brake and see if you can get it to program that way with the ignition of
or
you can also try this to program the remote
1. open the hood (make sure the pin switch is makeing a good ground)
2. turn the ignigtion on
3. press the brake
4. with in 10 seconds turn the ignition off to on three times
5. parking lights should flash 4 times
6. push the start on the remote(s) all must be programed at the same time (up to 4 remotes)
7. after remotes programed step on brake to exit
whitebuck22 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2009 at 9:46 AM / IP Logged  
Nothing that I seem to do works. 
monty_77 
Posted: December 25, 2009 at 12:38 AM / IP Logged  
forgot to say stop in the off position
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic