icon

need some pro

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jizmak55 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2009 at 7:15 PM / IP Logged  
I just hooked up my new 0 gauge amp wiring kit in my 99 grand am. Im doing my system peice by peice i have 2 dvc pioneer premier 12s but im pushin them wit 2 sony explode amps, i just did the big three i put in a db electrical 200 amp alternator my cap says im runnin good volts ( around 15v idle) my only problem is my head unit a cheap sony one only has one preout in the back so i had a splitter on the red and a splitter on the white and then i ran 2 seperate rcas one to each amp it was fine but now that i upgraded my whole electrical system when hook both amps rcas up one sub hits out and one basically sucks in. i dont understand because its the exact same setup as before just bigger power wires i guess this could all be avoided if i just got a new head unit with 2 sub preouts but i dont really have the doe and i dont wanna just wear out one sub for the time being please help
Db electrical 200a alt
0awg wiring kit
Yellow top optima
2 pioneer premier TS30004DVC subs
j.reed 
Copper - Posts: 716
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2009 at 7:23 PM / IP Logged  
switch the speaker wire +- from one sub around the opposite way or flip your RCA's on one amp. You have a phasing issue.
need some pro -- posted image.
jizmak55 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2009 at 7:27 PM / IP Logged  
ok i did replace the speaker wire from the subs to the amp haha id feel like a real pet monkey if i got em backwards ima try it tommorrow thanks for the help i really appreciate it
Db electrical 200a alt
0awg wiring kit
Yellow top optima
jizmak55 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2009 at 7:40 PM / IP Logged  
i went and looked i did wire the speakers correctly if i take an rca and run it normally (without spliting it) to one amp it works fine if i unplug it and run them to the other amp it works fine but if i splice the preout from the head unit and run 2 rcas one sub hits harder and the other acts weird there not in sync and it kinda sucks in
Db electrical 200a alt
0awg wiring kit
Yellow top optima
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 12, 2009 at 8:11 PM / IP Logged  

As J.Reed suggested earlier, reverse the positive and negative wires on only one woofer.  Either one will do.  What happens now?

jizmak55 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2009 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  

im really sorry im dumb but i have each sub wired paralell cause there dvc my positive on the amp runs to the positive on the sub and then i run that to the other positive on the sub and then the neg runs from the amp to the sub and then to the other neg on the sub so when u say switch u mean?  and also i know there right because the positve and negative are clearly marked on the sub so you saying to ignore that and try switching them any way.  Also when i updated the system i never messed with the sub wiring i just updated the wireing from the little pos and negs on the side of the box to the amps but i checked them and there fine pos to pos neg to neg just like before. I appologize again im a slow learner and i have no good stereo shop out my way to just go to and get it checked out so i have to use the internet

Db electrical 200a alt
0awg wiring kit
Yellow top optima
i am an idiot 
Posted: December 12, 2009 at 9:31 PM / IP Logged  

if you play either woofer by itself, it sounds better than it sounds with both of them playing.  Is this correct?

Do the amps have a switch or a knob labeled Phase or have the numbers 0 and 180? 

jizmak55 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2009 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged  
yes when there togeather one ends up bein decent and the other one acts weird
Db electrical 200a alt
0awg wiring kit
Yellow top optima
i am an idiot 
Posted: December 12, 2009 at 9:40 PM / IP Logged  
On one of the amps unhook the speaker wires.  Now connect the positive wire to the negative terminal of the amp.  Connect the negative speaker wire to the positive terminal of the amp.  How does it sound now?
jizmak55 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2009 at 9:44 PM / IP Logged  
thank you i will have to wait till tommorow to try it ill let you know what happens thanx for your patience
Db electrical 200a alt
0awg wiring kit
Yellow top optima
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic