scion xd remote start rx and tx wires

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
deltadmx 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2009 at 8:10 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys,
I am in dire need of help - please. I cannot locate the Rx and Tx wires in the Scion xD. I found one source which says a black seven pin plug in the key cylinder - pins 4 and 5 (purple on one wire and green on the other). I cannot find any seven pin plug in the ignition column nor anywhere in the car. The plastic shell at the column is off as well as the upper dash of the car and I still cannot find these wires. Can anyone please help me locate them? Thank you so much in advance!
metz35 
Copper - Posts: 458
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2009 at 9:23 PM / IP Logged  
what year? what by pass? purple and green are right colors, could be a white or black flat plug, plugged right into the plastic the surround the key cyclinder, if its not there you dont have a transponder. and if you dont have a transponder you should still have a plug tapped up in the main harness running down from the ignition. see my post about the scion tc with pictures, its the same exact harness.
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~118407~PN~2
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,786
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2009 at 9:43 PM / IP Logged  
IDatalink shows it as a 7 pin plug attached to the side of the ignition key cylinder at the steering column.   TX is violet at pin 5 and Code is green at pin 4.  This is for 2008-2010 Scion XD
Soldering is fun!
deltadmx 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2009 at 10:29 PM / IP Logged  
My apologies, the car is a 2008 (thought I threw that up there).
I ASSUMED (which could be the problem) that all Scions came from the factory with an immobilizer. The information I am going off of is from IDatalink too.
The bypass is a Fortin bypass; SL-2 off the top of my head I believe.
Nowhere in the ignition column is there a black harness nor do any of the connectors have a purple and green wire next to them.
deltadmx 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2009 at 10:35 PM / IP Logged  
@metz35: Thanks for the post, the link, and the pictures you threw up in your other post. I will have to look tomorrow and get back to you - my two propane heaters are out of gas and 24 degree weather is not very welcoming lol.
deltadmx 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2009 at 9:15 AM / IP Logged  
Turns out the Scion xD does NOT have an immobilizer. Strange in my opinion, the tC has them but not the xD. IDatalink shows the xD as coming with one but, I found a random post over at scionlife.com stating the xDs do not have immobilizers. Any who, the car is working and everything is great.
Kind of hard to find wires that don't exist, huh? :-)
Thanks for all the help!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic