icon

can't figure out port

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
armymp90099 
Copper - Posts: 76
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2009 at 11:00 PM / IP Logged  
Still too small? lol damn thats a fat port though.If I make the port any larger the port will have to be longer and its already really close to the sub. This whole shallow design is essential in my car due to its the best design for being loud as a daily driver. plus the trunk opening is extremely difficult.
-ETS-
Escape The Scilence
j.reed 
Copper - Posts: 716
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2009 at 12:00 AM / IP Logged  
I didn't pay attention when you said your port was 16sq.in per cubic foot. I thought you meant 16sq.in total and i didn't do the math on it. I just figured it and its actually 17.7sq.in. per cubic foot. 6.25 X 8.5= 53.125 / 3= 17.7sq.in per your 3cu.ft. net. That should actually be pretty close and maybe even a bit bigger than needed. Sorry i mis read it before and didnt take the time to figure it. I would still contact DC to see what they recommend. It would be easier to mod the enclosure in the sketch up phase then it is when you get it together and it doesn't sound right. I know you don't intend to compete with it, but the more perfect it is. You will see higher output and better sound as well.
If they actually recommend a bit less then you have figured now. You port can actually be shortened a bit to keep the tune you have selected.
Again very sorry i didn't take the time to read your post more thorough and do the math on it before I posted, but i do stand by contacting DC for there recommended port area. They spend lots of time to figure out what is going to make there driver preform to there max.
can't figure out port - Page 2 -- posted image.
armymp90099 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2009 at 12:59 AM / IP Logged  
Its good man dont worry about it. Box design isnt my strong point so for all i know you could have been right since ive never dealt with a high performance driver like the DC before. Thanks a lot for your input. Other than that what do you think of that box design? Do you think ill need to double the baffle board to prevent flex or will the port provide enought support? I could get away with small internal bracing too.
-ETS-
Escape The Scilence
j.reed 
Copper - Posts: 716
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2009 at 1:19 AM / IP Logged  
If it was me i would double baffle it. That sub is not light at all and has a very strong motor. That enclosure will need to be very strong adding bracing is something i would for sure do aswell.
can't figure out port - Page 2 -- posted image.
armymp90099 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2009 at 1:24 AM / IP Logged  
Ok ill either double baffle or just get the baffle a solid 1.5" thick. Add some internal bracing and do all the math again. Thanks again for your input man.
-ETS-
Escape The Scilence
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic