icon

single cab blow through

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
singlecabslamin 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2009 at 1:05 AM / IP Logged  

What would i use as a seal to connect the cab and bed?

First major build for myself in the process
j.reed 
Copper - Posts: 716
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2009 at 2:43 AM / IP Logged  
Really pretty simple. Protecting it from all the outside elements.
single cab blow through -- posted image.
singlecabslamin 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2009 at 3:00 AM / IP Logged  

i mean like where do i get the material? and you had helped me on my last post on figuring my box size. i am new to the SPL world ive done some installs where they were mainly for looks now im trying to get some more serious bass out my personal install. Ive got 1 mofo and a PA 2000D and it just isnt impressing me its loud but not loud enough. Im thinking of adding another mofo and another 2000D but do you think i can get a big enough box in there without a blow through? And could you help me with my box design ?

j.reed 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2009 at 3:13 AM / IP Logged  
I have no problem helping with box design. Sorry i miss read your post. I thought you were asking, why you would seal it. We used to get the seals from a truck accessory store. They sold camper shells and such. We called it boot seal. It was about $5 a foot. Mind you the last time i did one was in '99 when i walled out my Nissan hard body with 8 15s. I miss those days :)
On the subject of adding another MOFO. I would honestly use the one you have now for a paperweight over a sub. Same for the amp. There are much better products out there at a reasonable price. Also how serious are you about SPL? What is your goal? If your are wanting to build a SPL comp system to compete with. Knowing the organization would greatly help for the class you wish to enter. If this is a daily beater. Tune and such would be different to be better to listen to.
Also with the figures i got on your current enclosure. Your tune is pretty high. It's basically a burp box. Better to pull numbers in a lane, but it will be lackluster for a daily listening environment. Not to mention sound pretty bad. Simply by putting it at a lower tune might help you quite a bit.
singlecabslamin 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2009 at 3:36 AM / IP Logged  

ok its a daily beater but i want some good bass. im thinking its to small they ask for 2.4 cube ported for that sub. I know my equipment isnt the best lol but i got the sub and amp for 150$ i couldnt really pass it up. i know what you mean by the burp thing cuz it really only sounds good on real deep bass songs which is hard to find. I would appreciate it if you could help me design a box for just the one and amp i have now like i said its a single cab but ive got a 10" deep box behind the seats now and can go more (i'm only 5'4" tall lol) plus ill have a good box build when i can afford to upgrade my equipment i think a blow through is taking it a little far. Im kind of a newbie to making something loud like i said ive done alot of just good looking installs fiberglass boxes mostly

singlecabslamin 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2009 at 3:42 AM / IP Logged  
also anothe thing i forgot to add is my port now is a slot port going forwards towards my seat is there a better way to port it like going towards the roof? Im sorry for all the questions man im just really needin some help here and i'd appreciate any advice you can give me i just want to get maximum out of what i have.
j.reed 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2009 at 3:47 AM / IP Logged  
Is this your sub? MOFO
If it is then your current airspace is bigger then recommended. It should be 2.0 cu.ft. GROSS and your port area is way too much. They call for a 4" round port. Thats only 12.56 sq.in. of port area. The slot port you have is 25 sq.in. of port area.
Im a bit confused because you said you had a Memphis Mojo before and then you said MOFO which is a power acoustik sub.
singlecabslamin 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2009 at 3:59 AM / IP Logged  
yea the mojo was a long story i showed up to buy it and the kid had a power reference 12 so i instantly laughed at him and left lol then i stumbled accross the mofo, and yes that is the one i have. well i already plan on building a new box so can you help me with a rough estimate of dimensions. my max height is 13.75 cuz of a cross member in my cab max depth i wanna go is 12. port size i understand but which way should it be facing out of the top?
j.reed 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2009 at 4:11 AM / IP Logged  
Well the biggest thing for the port is to not block it. if say your port is 2 inches wide. You would want at least 2 inches from it to a wall, seat back ect. Being limited on space you may want to port it out the top. I need to get a bit of sleep now. I will punch in some figures when i get up tomorrow. I have your dimension for you current enclosure. I will work from those to give you the optimal enclosure for your sub from that. We may actually be able to save the enclosure you have. It is a bit larger than needed. Pretty easy to take away space inside. Would just need to block up the slot port and run the proper port.
singlecabslamin 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2009 at 4:18 AM / IP Logged  
alright yea i appreciate it man just let me kno whenever you figure it out. Try and give as much detail as you can about the port on which way it should face and all the clearances and dimensions. Thanks again man like i said im new to the SPL side of things ive worked at a little shop around here doing installs but i never built the boxes we had another guy that did just that i did the actual install wiring and did the pretty looking stuff lol
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic