icon

compustar wont go into reservation mode

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
linedriver 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2009 at 11:45 PM / IP Logged  
about a month ago, i installed a compustar unit into a 92 nissan sentra. it worked great despite not actually starting the car most of the time due to range. it went into reservation mode, and did what it was supposed to. a couple days ago, i stumbled across a set of door actuators that were very cheap, so i bought them and installed them into the car. i tested the actuators out by hooking it up to a relay that i had made on my own and they worked perfectly. i then began taking everything in the dash apart to wire it up with the compustar unit, and once all said and done, they worked with the remote.
after all that was said and done, i put everything back into place, and then went out for a drive. when i was where i had to be, i noticed that it wont go into reservation mode. i thought i had put it into valet mode, so i turned the ignition on and off 5 times to ensure it was in valet mode, then i took it out using the remote. even then it still wouldnt go into reservation mode. as soon as i got home, i took everything apart once again thinking that perhaps a connection because undone from everything getting jammed into place. i then checked all the connections one by one. brake light wire was sending +12V, the door trigger wire was sitting at somewhere like +0.5V when the door was open and around +12V when closed. the parking brake wire, not really sure how to check that one, but i used the continuity test on it using the DMM, and it kept going off constantly(not sure if that means its constantly grounded, the light on the dash works as its supposed to). not really sure what other wire that is to check other then the tach wire, but the DMM didnt have an ACV function.
im pretty much at a stand still with the system, i can pretty much have my keyless entry, but the remote start portion of it wont work for some reason. ive considered making it into an 'automatic' mode, but it just isnt worth the risk. does anyone have any suggestions on what i can do to try and get it working once again?
linedriver 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2009 at 2:45 PM / IP Logged  
anyone?
ruki101 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2009 at 10:36 PM / IP Logged  

This usually happens when you're adding electronic devices. Reset the brain, it should do it.

Goodluck bud!

Just About Anything Sparks
linedriver 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2009 at 10:42 PM / IP Logged  
got it to work once after reprogramming everything again. thanks for the helpcompustar wont go into reservation mode -- posted image.
ruki101 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2009 at 11:05 PM / IP Logged  
glad to help... cheers!!!
Just About Anything Sparks

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic