icon

battery drain issue after dlpk

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
biglimpdog 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2009 at 5:18 PM / IP Logged  
Anyone having any issues with battery drain when using canbus. I'm having battery drain issues so I took my truck to the dealership and they said it is pulling a 3amp draw even when turned off. The tech says that is about the draw when the BCM stays on. He asked if the alarm was hooked into the canbus port and I said yes, he said that he bets thats the problem is that the alarm is keeping all my modules "AWAKE".  Anyone else having this issues and how the hell do I correct it? It's a 2007 Silverado Crew Cab New Body style.
zerepdivad 
Silver - Posts: 605
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2009 at 7:04 PM / IP Logged  
Ok so did the "tech" actually verify the bcm was pulling current? Did he even attempt to find where the draw was coming from?
A DMM is a beautiful thing.
MECP Advanced Installer Certified.
biglimpdog 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2009 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged  
I'm assuming not, but I'm not for sure. I will have to say that after the install is when the problem seemed to have started. It is also the same time that the weather dropped to 20 degrees.
subieken 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2009 at 10:33 AM / IP Logged  
I made the mistake on my first r/s install of hooking the ground-when-armed to the transponder module instead of the ground-when-running. That kept stuff awake witha 3 amp draw. Double check this.
biglimpdog 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2009 at 1:38 PM / IP Logged  
biglimpdog 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2009 at 1:40 PM / IP Logged  
well there is the ground going to it via d2d.
zerepdivad 
Silver - Posts: 605
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2009 at 10:23 PM / IP Logged  
Wire it with wire to wire. And see if the issue goes away. Have you tried testing for parasitic draw and unhooking the bypass completely to be sure that's what's causing the issue?
And i assume you hooked the blue status wire off of the small harness on the viper to the blue white on the bypass?
A DMM is a beautiful thing.
MECP Advanced Installer Certified.
biglimpdog 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2009 at 10:52 AM / IP Logged  

I disconnected the alarm,dlpk, and my system over night last night and it still drained, so I'm not thinking it is the alarm, I think it is a dead cell in my battery. I brought it to orieleys and it tested bad, took it to the dealership and it tested good, took it to Autozone and it tested good. Anyways I just put a new battery in it and I have left everything unplugged.

About the blue to blue/white, no I didn't work that up, the diagram I used said it's n.c. I appreciate the help, I haven't worked in the idustry for about 7 years, so it's taking some getting used to the new technology, I always justed used a 555u for bypass.

biglimpdog 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2009 at 11:14 AM / IP Logged  

Since I can't edit my own posts yet...

"I didn't WIRE it up..."

and

"I always JUST used a..."

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic