icon

autopage 1000 remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
el ranchero 
Copper - Posts: 92
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2009 at 4:11 PM / IP Logged  
i installed a autopage 1000 alarm =/autostart on my company van to try it out, evrything is hooked up, but when i try to remote start i get a read out on the remote saying (turn off remote start) it doesnt start or crank? any help out there is appreciated. i had a autopagers-603 on it all worked ok, just this autopage 1000 doesnt want to play.
rocker
TooDark 
Copper - Posts: 163
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2009 at 4:53 PM / IP Logged  
What year, make and model of van? Did you use the same wiring? Didi you test all wirers after install?
el ranchero 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2009 at 5:13 PM / IP Logged  
yup, everything is the same has the old remote start i took out, the van is a 96 astro, everything is ok, the remote just dont want to turn on, it only says on the display that its turning off the remote start. thanks for your reply.
rocker
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2009 at 7:02 PM / IP Logged  
Did you program the tach wire? Or if you are not using a tach wire you will set the unit to tachless mode. What did you do with the BLACK/ white neutral safety switch wire.
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2009 at 7:30 PM / IP Logged  
What is the 1-way doing...Is the brain clicking...Is the keyless working with the 1-way...?
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
el ranchero 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2009 at 9:28 PM / IP Logged  
yeah i did the tach, the balck white is grounded, all the alarm part works ok, just the auto start side is not doing anything, thanks for the reply.
rocker
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2009 at 10:00 PM / IP Logged  
When you remote start, do the dash lights turn on at all?
el ranchero 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2009 at 11:10 AM / IP Logged  
no nothing happens its like if the unit thinks the autostart is on, and when i press the * button it tells me its turning the autostart off, im going to check my wiringin again, but its freezing outside, hey thanks for the help.
rocker
el ranchero 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2009 at 1:44 PM / IP Logged  
well, i got it to work, i changed the setting to voltage sense and its running, i just go to go back and figure out why it wasnt working with the tach wire, my other rs603 from autopage was working ok with the tach wire, but this rs1000 didnt! hey thanks for the help, and merry Christmax to all, thanks to this site we can share our knowledge and experice and save some headaches, im pretty sure all the old schooler wish we had had this help,but no we had to search and test every wire,  ahh the old days.
rocker
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2009 at 3:21 PM / IP Logged  
When i did dealership work...You were the "cool" guy...If you figured out the car before everyone else...!
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic