icon

2002 jeep overland

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dlambe 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2009 at 8:38 PM / IP Logged  
anyone ever install a headunit and speakers in a 02 Jeep gran cherokee overland? I had a guy request me to install 2 amps, 4 10" subs and a set of focal K5's in the front doors with tweeters. I was wondering how much of a pita its gonna be to install the speakers for this guy and decide if I want to pass on it or not. I also need to know if this rig has a factory amp in it or not for when I do the install.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,674
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 16, 2009 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged  

Is there so much work up there that yu can pick and choose your jobs?   I have no idea if there is a difference with the overland, but there is nothing difficult about a grand cherokee,  Not sure about that year but amp may be under rear drivers side seat.  I was wrong according to audiovox it is under the rear passenger seat.

2002 jeep overland - Last Post -- posted image.BatteryRED / WHITE(+)RADIO HARNESS
2002 jeep overland - Last Post -- posted image.AccesoryWHITE/ RED(+)RADIO HARNESS
2002 jeep overland - Last Post -- posted image.GroundBLACK(-)RADIO HARNESS
2002 jeep overland - Last Post -- posted image.DimmerORANGE(+)RADIO HARNESS
2002 jeep overland - Last Post -- posted image.LF Speaker (+)LIGHT GREEN/ RED
2002 jeep overland - Last Post -- posted image.LF Speaker (-)LIGHT GREEN/ GREEN
2002 jeep overland - Last Post -- posted image.RF Speaker (+)LIGHT BLUE/RED
2002 jeep overland - Last Post -- posted image.RF Speaker (-)LIGHT BLUE/BLACK
2002 jeep overland - Last Post -- posted image.LR Speaker (+)DARK GREEN / WHITE
2002 jeep overland - Last Post -- posted image.LR Speaker (-)WHITE/ DARK GREEN
2002 jeep overland - Last Post -- posted image.RR Speaker (+)WHITE/ VIOLET
2002 jeep overland - Last Post -- posted image.RR Speaker (-)TAN/DARK GREEN
2002 jeep overland - Last Post -- posted image.Amp LocationREAR SEAT PASS SIDE
2002 jeep overland - Last Post -- posted image.Steering CntrlsNO
2002 jeep overland - Last Post -- posted image.Speed CntrlNO
2002 jeep overland - Last Post -- posted image.Radio SecurityYES

dlambe 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2009 at 9:19 PM / IP Logged  
lol, its not so much that I can pick and choose the jobs, I do this as a side deal from my main profession, I used to do installs years ago and stopped doing that when I became a heavy equipment mechanic. I started a small side business and I don't carry insurance for damaging panels of clients vehicles so if they are difficult to take apart I pass on it. There is a lot of work in the city I live in though, its 1 of the busiest places in Canada right now.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,674
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 16, 2009 at 9:25 PM / IP Logged  
Is the overland just an option package for the grand cherokee?  Or maybe it is what we call a Commander down here.  I have no clue if it is the Commander, but if it is just an option package for the typical grand cherokee, it will be a piece of cake.  I can not help you with any of the disassembly because I do not know, I just know that we do a bunch of them and I have never heard the installers whine because thay have to work on them.  If it was a difficult vehicle, believe me I would know because they would be whining about it.
dlambe 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2009 at 9:28 PM / IP Logged  
lol, yeah it was an option package, supposedly the "top of the line model" for the grand cherokee, last one I took apart was not to hard, I am just trying to put together a ballpark for time I would need to do the job. I wire everything how I was taught years ago by shrink tube and solder method, I much prefer that to the crimp on or butt connector terminals. I just don't trust them.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic