icon

07 equinox problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
futuresweets-10 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2009 at 10:39 AM / IP Logged  
I am accustomed to the DEI products, but have used omega before. Recently I decided to switch to omega products and I am finishing up on my first install since the change. I am using an OL-DB-GM module in this vehicle. Everything went smooth and the truck starts just fine with the key and the remote start. The keyless entry isnt working though. The remote start unit is putting out ground on both lock and unlock like it should and the connections between the alarm and bypass module are correct, but the locks do nothing. I know if I have to, I can do the keyless the conventional way and just find the wires and connect them directly instead of going through the module, but I was hoping to fix it the right way. The LED on the module shows everything working fine.   Any ideas guys?
futuresweets-10 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2009 at 11:23 AM / IP Logged  
Also, I cant find a wire that will work for brake lights. The schematic says lt blue on switch above pedal, but none of the 3 wires above the pedal have more than 3v.
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2009 at 1:10 PM / IP Logged  
I would hardwire the door lock circuits to the wires at the BCM. The brake circuit isn't at the brake pedal. The switch there is actually a position sensor. don't connect to it. The brake circuit is a white wire in the brown plug of the BCM. It will only work with the ignition ON.
sparky
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2009 at 1:38 PM / IP Logged  

I am not too familiar with Omega but if the OL-DB-GM is a re-packaged IDatalink product....  possibly the ADS DLSL GM3.  If it is, then I would ensure it was flashed with the latest GM3 firmware and double check its Orange data wire going to the OBDII connector at pin 1 (green wire).

Brake should be LT Blue above the brake or White in driver kick panel.

Soldering is fun!
futuresweets-10 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2009 at 4:24 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the help so far guys.... I am trying to avoid hardwiring the door locks because the vehicle is postive and id have to use relays (trying to take the easy way out). I finally gave up on the brake wire under the dash and started testing wires in the kick until I found it. It was a light blue....
The diagram says that parking lights are light blue in the kick as well, but I couldnt find the wire for that.
advanced 
Copper - Posts: 207
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2009 at 1:50 PM / IP Logged  
The parking lights can be found @ the BCM, below the radio. Just remove the front facplate on center console. You can find both + & - wires there.
Good Enough Isn't!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic