icon

trailblazer dlpkgm problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nei00755 
Copper - Posts: 61
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2009 at 8:24 AM / IP Logged  

I installed a Viper 571XV and a DLPKGM in a 2006 Trailblazer this last weekend.  I have installed remote starts in about 4 trailblazers, so it wasn't my first, but it was the first time I used the DLPKGM.  The issues that my friend is complaining about is as follows.

1.  He claims to here a relay sound coming from behind the dash.  From what he explains, it is not a fast click, such as the panic being on, where the light flash relay would be going.

2.  He has also seen the Stabilitrak Off light come on for a split second and also the airbag light, they come on at seperate times, but both for a very split second and then back off.

My question is this, has anyone had any issues witht he DLPKGM?  Considering it uses the databus wire to do everything, I thought there is possibly something acting up with the module causing it to spit garbage into the databus triggering these lights and relays to go off.

Any thoughts?  I am hopefully getting the trailblazer back tonight to take a look at it again. 

Thanks

nei00755 
Copper - Posts: 61
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2009 at 7:41 AM / IP Logged  

Got the trailblazer back to work on.  Checked all the wiring, everything seemed in place.

I reflashed the DPLKGM with my loader, and re-programmed to the vehicle.

I also hooked up the 2nd accessory wire, which shouldn't be related but now it does the couple second accessory on before it starts, instead of popping off right away.

I couldn't recreate the relay sounds or the lights on the dash to come on, but I will be driving it for a couple days so we will see.

mdslax 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2010 at 11:55 AM / IP Logged  
did you figure anything out? ive done 6 trailblazers this winter so far and used the dlpkgm in all of them...one came back with the same problem your having, he also claims that the vehicle would just shut off when he was driving. he brought it back and i hooked up a scan tool out of curiousity, and it gave me a code for the camshaft sensor. the guy just told me to erase claiming that wasnt the problem so i took out the dlpkgm and wired in a xk06 and havent heard from him since.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic