the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

1998 gmc envoy

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,428
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2009 at 1:55 PM / IP Logged  
im installing a tecvox TC-4182 security system   ive never heard of this system but from the diagram i dont see a FAD wire and the truck has a factory alarm is there another way of shutting down the factory alarm
Has anyone heard of this system before ??
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2009 at 5:15 PM / IP Logged  
never heard of it. look in the manual and see if the unit can be programmed to unlock-start-lock. if so then you wont require the disarm wire.
jjnemoiii 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2009 at 5:23 PM / IP Logged  
Wher did you buy this?  is there another brand name and/or model name/number on the box?  i looked on the net for it and found nothing at all... 
tedmond 
Posted: December 23, 2009 at 6:45 PM / IP Logged  
its prob an ebay unit? if so i would suggest you stay away from those. you might find yourself wasting more time diagnosing issues, rather then installation time.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
chev104275 
Posted: December 23, 2009 at 7:43 PM / IP Logged  
thanks for the replays guys i managed to talk the guy out of using the system and im installing a avital 4103 and the relay resistor method for the bypass
that system i think was an ebay unit its crap the programming is a bunch of jumpers inside the module and from what i can tell it will only keep the car running for 5 mins and that is it there was no other mention of run times
tedmond 
Posted: December 23, 2009 at 9:00 PM / IP Logged  
glad to help. most times, if you never heard of it before, its an ebay unit that will give you hell after. it works, doesnt work, cant program it etc. a DEI product is much more reliable as you are installing. As for bypass, relay/resistor methods work, but with the chaning temp, sometimes it throws the resistance off to the point the car wont start. Try looking for a data type bypass, more tolerance to cold/hot weather. If you still decide to cut costs and use a relay/resistor, make sure you try to achiev the resistance closest to the reading from the DMM
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
chev104275 
Posted: December 24, 2009 at 10:10 AM / IP Logged  
Ive done the relay resistor method before on some saturn ions and some other gms and so far so good i just finished the install on the envoy. Used the relay reisitor method.    Ive tried using different passlock modules and they have failed on me in the past. I think they were astroflex modules.   They would work for a day or 2 then stop reprogram and work for a day or so then fail thats when i started using the relay resistor

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic