icon

compustar alarm/starter not functioning

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
deecarp 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2009 at 7:55 PM / IP Logged  

Ok,  I have a 2003 FX35 with the 2way LCD remote pager alarm and auto start system (2W900 3000 V.3). a few months back my car sat for over a month and the battery went dead. I got the battery charged up and the car running. shortly after I noticed the Alarm system was acting werd. if you armed or disarmed the car the windows would partially roll down/up based on the arming or disarming mode, the doors still lock and unlock, and the lights still flash. now as for the auto start, the car will go into start mode but will not crank over. I've tried to auto start it with the key in the ignition to see if that the problem and no luck. I can sart the car put it in auto start mode and then pull the key out and it will run. I have the option programmer and I was wonder if that would help resolve some of my issues but that's not the case either. I need help, can anyone help me out or is this an issue to remove the brain for a new one? I'll appreciate anything, that anyone can come up with....thanks for the help in advance....

Dee

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2009 at 8:55 PM / IP Logged  
reset the unit, and reprogram the tach. If the windows are rolling up/down if you unlock/lock, the unit might be set for double pulse lock and unlock. First pulse unlocks, second if held to ground will roll down or up the windows. Best bet is to do a reset to factory defaults and reprogram whatver u need back to the previous settings with the op500.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
deecarp 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2009 at 10:11 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks Tedmond for the rsponse. I will give this all a shot and see what happens, I'm crossing my fingers, and I'll get back to you and let you know what happened.
deecarp 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2009 at 2:07 PM / IP Logged  
Well I got everything working, but now my remotes won't display any of the functions, they are no showing the signal display bars. so now it time to search that. Thanks again Tedmond, your response helped greatly with getting the alarm and starter working So I'm happy about that.Now if you or anyone can help with the remotes It will be a done deal with the total package :D
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2009 at 1:10 AM / IP Logged  
if you dont see the signal bars, do the remotes work at least? try resetting the remotes. pull the battery out, let it sit for a min or so, then pu thtem back in. press lock on the remote or query and see if it responds.
Ted
Compustar Expert
deecarp 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2009 at 1:44 AM / IP Logged  
I tireed to reset the remotes by doing the ignition, as well as taking the batteries out. they do work though. I see the signal bars intermittently - not sure what else I can do....but the alarm works which is great
tedmond 
Posted: December 25, 2009 at 8:11 AM / IP Logged  
all i can think of is a dead battery or faulty remote(if it was dropped)
Ted
Compustar Expert
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 25, 2009 at 11:07 AM / IP Logged  
Not too familiar with those two-way remotes or what could be wrong, but you wouldn't have much to lose by doing the following:
1. Reset the alarm brain by disconnecting the power for a minute and reconnecting. If you can't access the alarm brain, disconnect the car's battery instead.
(You'll have to once again take the Compustar unit out of valet mode as you did before. Compustar units irritatingly go into valet mode automatically when they lose power.
2. Remove the batteries from the remotes for a few minutes, and put them back in.
3. Reprogram the remotes to the car. Simply turn the ignition On/Off five times, quickly: on/off/on/off/on/off/on/off/ON......leave it on, and hit Lock on each remote.
If doing those three things has no effect, I would guess that the remotes must be bad, unless there's some setting to turn the remote's display on and off.
deecarp 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2009 at 1:07 AM / IP Logged  
I'll try to disconnect the battery in the A.M to see what happens. it works intermittently (meaning the signal bars show up every now and then, then stop) but the remotes them selves actually work. All the functions from lock to unlocking, auto start, mute, passive arming etc.... the remotes just don't show what's happening on the LCD display 100% of the time. it happening on both remotes, but prior to the reset they both worked.
tedmond 
Posted: December 26, 2009 at 6:57 AM / IP Logged  
send a pm to velocity motorsports. he deals strictly with compustar, and knows them inside out. I dont remember a setting in the menu, but there might be one setting to tell the unit to respond back with confirmations.
Ted
Compustar Expert
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic