icon

2005 saturn ion remote start issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
northjeep05 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2009 at 7:57 AM / IP Logged  
I have look around but cant seem to find a fix for the problem I am having with this saturn. Well here is what I have going. I have a 2005 Saturn ION that I am trying to install a Bulldog remote start model number RS82 on. This is my first GM remote start install so I am very green behind the ears on this. The problem I am having is the remote start feature dose not work I get a solid passlock light on the dash and the remote start turns on and off 3 times trying to start. It will however work in pitstop mode but again I get a solid passlock light. I can start the car with the key at all times tho. To bypass the pass lock I first tried a plxr module with no sucsess I am now using relays with resitors. I am a little confused on where the white wire from the relays goes I have it unhook right now (only way it will start with the key) when I have it hooked to ground I get nothing. The other wire I am confused about is the 2nd ignition wire from the remote start hookup it is not clear on bulldogs site or any other place I have looked. Thank you for your time on this and thank you in advance for any help you can give me. If you need more info I will awnser any questions the best that I can but I am very green behind the ears with GM Passlock.
northjeep05 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2009 at 7:59 AM / IP Logged  
Not sure if it matters but I am running tachless mode right now as well.
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2009 at 10:18 AM / IP Logged  
Please, hit the "Enter" key occasionally when you're typing. Makes your posts much more readable.
Second, try the PLXR again. The problem was most likely in how you had it connected, since you can't get the relay/resistor method to work either. Correct connections for your car are on page 1 of the manual, found here.
Note the following - the yellow/black light gauge "Ignition 1 input" and the white heavy gauge "Ignition 1 output" from the remote starter should go to the blue Ignition wire at the ignition switch on the car. The PLXR's pink ignition input gets tapped into that circuit as well.
WHITE/ black heavy gauge accessory output from the RS82 goes to the brown accessory wire at the ignition switch.
White Ignition 2 output does not get connected. Tape it off and forget about it.
Yellow/black heavy gauge starter output goes to the violet start wire input to the PLXR, but does NOT get connected to the car at all.
Brown GWR input from the PLXR gets tapped into the white small gauge wire to the RS82's relays.
If you've connected any of those wires differently, fix them, reprogram the PLXR, and see how it works.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
northjeep05 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2009 at 7:15 AM / IP Logged  
Ok I have the PLXR back up as shown in the diagram with the brown wire from the PLXR hooked to ground. (I have no thin white wire coming from the RS82)
My problem no is the car will remote start fine but the Day time running lights (parking lights) stay on and the IC stay lit.
The IC also has a message that says PWR STR.
My question is What replaces the white wire you are refuring to.Or is something else hooked up wrong.
Thanks again in advance.
chriswallace187 
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2009 at 10:00 AM / IP Logged  
Do you mean that the parking lights and instrument cluster are lit up while the remote start is running?(This is normal) Or after it's shut down?
The brown wire from the PLXR should be connected to a (-) output from the remote starter which is active for the duration of the remote start cycle.(Depending on the manufacturer, this wire could be labeled "status output", "ground-when-running", "(-) transponder bypass", or something else.)
If your remote start doesn't have such a wire, a (-) ignition output can be used instead. From what I read of the diagram for that Bulldog, you've got 3 wires going from the main control module to the relays - and the white one is (-) ignition.
northjeep05 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2009 at 1:10 PM / IP Logged  
The day time running lamps are on all the time engine off key out of the ignition and doors shut
the IC is on as well.
The negitave output wire you describe is yellow/ black which i hooked to the blue wire on the ignition harness as you explained above.
the only white wire I have is a heavy gage that runs to the blue ignition wire on the car
This is how I have it conected
Remote start:
Red 12 v wires --------------- @ BCM C1 PIN 37 and 34
Ignition White --------------- Dark Blue @ ignition switch harness
Ignition WHITE/ red ---------- unhooked
Acc wire WHITE/ black -------- Brown wire @ ign harness
starter crank yellow / black (heavy gage) ----- hooked to purple on PLXR
black ---------------- ground
brown ---------------- parking lights
alarm shut down ( RED / black) ------ unhooked
hood switch blue/ black hooked up under hood
tach BLACK/ white ---------- unhooked
brake blue/black----------- hooked up to light blue above brake pedal
aux input blue------------- unhooked
security bypass output yellow/ black( thin) hooked to blue ign @ ing harness
The PLXR is hooked up as shown in diagram exp for brown wire unsure of where that needs to go.
when I hook that up to the yellow black (thin) with the yellow/black ( thin) hooked to dark blue ign I have the issue explained above.
I hope this helps make some sence
btw I have a Bulldog RS-82P
chriswallace187 
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2009 at 1:29 PM / IP Logged  
OK, gotcha...that's different from the RS-82. The yellow/black thin gauge "security bypass output" should be connected to the brown GWR input to the PLXR and to nothing else. Make that change and your problem should be resolved.
northjeep05 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2009 at 2:20 PM / IP Logged  
Ok I will thanks! Should I reprogram the PLXR again if so what is the procedure in doing so? I cant seem to find one.
northjeep05 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2009 at 12:53 PM / IP Logged  
Ok everything works great now but I only have a 2 foot range on the remote start.
I have replaced the battery and made sure nothing is touching the anttena wire but unless I am right on top of the unit it will not get a signal from the key fob.
Any suggestions?
chriswallace187 
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2009 at 5:30 PM / IP Logged  
Try soldering another piece of wire* onto the end of that antenna wire, and extending it up the A-pillar and underneath the headliner.
* 3 to 5 feet in length, depending on how far from the driver's side you have the brain mounted

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic