rear defrost

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
joebubba 
Copper - Posts: 107
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2009 at 9:24 AM / IP Logged  
Well, I can't believe I missed this:
Why not just wire the blue wire programmed for a pulsed output to a relay that connects the black wire on the ground side of the defog switch ( or any ground for that matter) to the GREEN/ YELLOW wire on the other side of the switch? (pg 24). This would simulate pushing the switch. Of course, I'm assuming the switch is a momentary switch, not a on/off switch.
85 -200mA pulsed from viper (wire #5 of the remote start aux output)
86 +12V
30 tapped to black wire on defog switch (or any ground)
87 tapped to yel/grn wire on defog switch
The rear defog should behave just as if you manually pushed the switch. This should work since the switch is not a data signal but a simple ground signal.
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2009 at 11:04 AM / IP Logged  
t&t tech wrote:

You run very minimal risk of "burning the output of the defroster from the remote start output" as mentioned by Mr. Joebubba, if you connect it to the negative trigger from the switch, there are two possibilities, it works or it doesn't!

Is the susupect wire thin or thick gauge?

Now how is it possible that the post to the top of this page was now thought of?

Had he answered my original question, this thread would have ended a long time ago!  The answer lies right in the original poster's first post!

There is also a possibility you may not need the relay, just conect the defrost output directly to the trigger wire at the switch, again it either works or it doesn't, if it doesn't you insert the relay!

Geez!

commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
joebubba 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2009 at 11:23 AM / IP Logged  
Well, believe it or not, it was original and didn't come from your post...but thanks for playing and being such a stand up guy!!!
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2009 at 11:29 AM / IP Logged  

Take it eays bro! I never said it came from my post! Read again!

I never intended to argue here, it's just that, as sherlock would say it,  the answer is elementary my dear watson! Cheers! lolrear defrost - Page 4 - Last Post -- posted image.

commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
joebubba 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2009 at 11:51 AM / IP Logged  
t&t tech wrote:
....it's just that, as sherlock would say it,  the answer is elementary my dear watson! Cheers! lolrear defrost - Page 4 - Last Post -- posted image.

Couldn't agree more. I'm an amateur, but I can't believe I didn't see that to start with.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 26, 2009 at 5:17 PM / IP Logged  

Did somebody say idiotic thoughts?

dismay 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2010 at 5:01 PM / IP Logged  
Or connect a wire to each side of the switch and then to a relay that will complete the connection when pulsed by the alarm. Then you don't have to worry about what voltage/polarity the switch expects to see on which side, it just simulates you pushing the button.
Page of 4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic