icon

03 civic alternator?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
incognyto 
Copper - Posts: 64
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2009 at 2:36 AM / IP Logged  
Not sure if this is the ride forum I didn't see a power specific forum for this to go in
During my searches on this wicked web site i have seen a couple of times a mention of putting large case gm/delco remy alternator's into civic's possibly si10 si12 cs144's?? these are what i'm most concerned with. but secondly having a dual alternator setup would be pretty awsome, I haven't been able to find any pictures of this either :(
Thanks in advance for any help ;)
as most people wonder why other people want to upgrade the alternator's I have put in a large marine/rv deep cycle. and will be putting in a decent redtop (free) with a 200a relay to separate the batt's while the car is off. JL audio everything 500/1 300/4 1farad cap which will be comin out, 2 12's and she dim's pretty good with some nice bass songs.   once again thanks in advance for any help, sorry if i'm in the wrong forum :)
incognyto 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2009 at 10:47 AM / IP Logged  
03 civic alternator? -- posted image.
incognyto 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2009 at 10:59 AM / IP Logged  
here's the big battery that i jammed in the civic there will be another one soon.   especially when I get my OTHER 500/1 and some better speakers, and hopefully someone in the know will point to me to a gm alternator and I'll get the 200 amp version
JL 12w1v2's ... junk hehe rated for 125 watts RMS a peice so I'm overdriving them by 250 watts already and they've lasted a LONG time more than 2 year's!! setting the gain's with the DMM help's with that .. no clipping i'm sure.. my buddy bill can get chit load's of 2-O and 4-O cable so i'm good there big three is done haven't done the alternator wire yet though till i upgrade anyway's.
incognyto 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2010 at 2:17 PM / IP Logged  
glad to see so many response's I have 15" alpine type r's now and the battery area has been cleaned up quite a bit. plus the 500/1 has been taken off the box and put under the drivers seat, with an additional 500/1 under the passenger seat. the 300/4 remain's on the box and the cap has been sold on craigs list for 30 bucks, plus another 30 for another cap my brother had, the guy was using them on his electric bike somehow. I'd rather sell them to someone not putting them into car audio haha! I added a second battery used redtop in the trunk by the vehicle flapper vent's which make a doodie load of noise on the out side of the car when the bass hit's. I was going to seal them up but good to have ventilation by the battery even though it is sealed. I can still get the headlight's to dim so big fat alternator should be next on my list.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic