icon

2005 saturn ion, autostart

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
maxpol 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2009 at 8:02 PM / IP Logged  
I have an iDatalink ASDS-DL and an Autostart AS-2462TW-FM-v. Ive hooked up "most" wires as to the wiring diagram, but when I start the car with the key and I turn the wheel to the left, it locks the doors. Also, there is no power going to the iDatalink module. Please help. Thanks. It is a 2005 Saturn ION sedan, 2.2 automatic.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2009 at 8:52 PM / IP Logged  

If the light on the IDatalink ADS DL is off all the time you should double check your wiring to it on the black 4 pin plug.  Most techs prefer the standard hard wire method ( running +12 volts, ground and GWR directly to the IDatalink module from the R/S).

Once you get that straightened out, you must do a factory reset and then program it for Standard Mode operation.  I am assuming you already flashed the module with GM4 firmware.  The IDatalink module will handle the Passlock bypass, arm/disarm, and Lock/UnLock for you.  Just connect the correct wires from the R/S to the IDatalink module.

As for the doors locking when you turn the steering wheel,  check for rotational interference with the wires you ran in that area...

Soldering is fun!
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2009 at 8:54 PM / IP Logged  
You need to be specific about which "most" wires you have hooked up, and where.
Assuming you've hooked the iDatalink's orange data output to the purple J1850 bus wire at the diagnostic plug, and you don't have power going to it, all sorts of funny things could happen. That car has electric power steering control which also probably communicates via Class II data, and that could very conceivably be causing your problem.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
maxpol 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2010 at 7:45 PM / IP Logged  
Okay, I had visions install it professionally, but I have another problem. They have programmed for my trunk to open when the unlock button is pressed twice. I am not a big fan of that. Is there a way to reprogram the module to have the trunk release button to actually release the trunk?
Thanks

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic