icon

07 trailblazer security problem?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rplenton 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2009 at 11:58 AM / IP Logged  
I have a customer that is complaining that in cold weather the vehicle takes 3 times to start.  They state that it starts then shuts down and restarts.  I have had them watch it and thye say that the security light flashes when it shuts down.  I installed a GMDLBP.  I have had the vehicle in many times and it has never done it to me.  Can the bypass be effected by cold?  How does it actually work?  Does it send a security  "ok" message or does it send a resistance value message?  Does anyone have any ideas.  I have read some post that state that the voltage sensing does not work on the newer trailblazers in the cold.  Right now it is setup as voltage sensing and I have thought about switching it to a tach signal but I cannot even find an injector on this vehicle and since the customer states that the security light flashed makes me think that it is a security problem.
05gt 
Silver - Posts: 628
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2009 at 2:29 PM / IP Logged  
what remote start did you put in this?
rplenton 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2009 at 2:43 PM / IP Logged  
I put in a commando EZ-2500. I have had very good luck with this brand.
x1le 
Copper - Posts: 171
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2009 at 2:53 PM / IP Logged  
the tach is located at the pcm on the driver side of engine compartment, pin 49 which is blue.
Not sure if switching to tach would fix the problem, though, as I have no experience with that brand, but it is worth a shot.
05gt 
Silver - Posts: 628
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2009 at 5:52 PM / IP Logged  

probably close to 50% of issues are related to a tach problem, if you can use tach USE TACH, voltage sense isn't as reliable

Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 30, 2009 at 5:58 PM / IP Logged  
No reason to chase down injectors or even run wires under the hood.
The search feature should probably find it for you, but the tach wire is inside the car just inches from your ignition wires.
yimke 
Copper - Posts: 417
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2009 at 8:34 PM / IP Logged  
Your bypass should barely be affected by cold since it is a data module. Make sure your data wire is soldered for best connection.
Otherwise I believe it is a tach issue.
jim hunter 
Silver - Posts: 351
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2009 at 10:26 PM / IP Logged  
needs a tach hooked up, on trailblazers for some reason the alternator is inactive for the first couple seconds when started then it kicks in screwing up voltage sensing causing start/stop. restart issue, injector wires can be gotten at by removing airintake box off top of motor with 2 10mm bolts on pass side of box, and loosen 2 8mm bolts to air tubes and just grab an uncommon injector wire, program unit for tach and program tach and problem should be cured
zerepdivad 
Silver - Posts: 605
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2009 at 10:54 PM / IP Logged  
The answer is obious my man. Tach. On the last few trailblazers i did i recall going to the cluster. Not sure on what year it was but i used the xk01 bypass.
A DMM is a beautiful thing.
MECP Advanced Installer Certified.
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2009 at 11:01 AM / IP Logged  

well tach may be a cause, but make sure that your bypass is triggering prior to start cycle. We have seen several of these tb's come in from another shop with the exact same issue you are having. Randomly this would happen, we installed viper systems in all and no problems since. Also voltage sense is no good on tb's and will have a customer coming back for sure.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic