vw immobilizer active

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mobiletint 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2009 at 11:10 PM / IP Logged  

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Did an 08 passat today and triggered the "Immobilizer Active" screen. Has the key fob that you push into the dash.

Is this only reset through diagnostic? Happened at a great time, with the holiday everyone with the scan tool was/will be closed.

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2010 at 1:53 AM / IP Logged  
All VAG cars will shaft you that way. I've a feeling you've got a by-pass problem here.
mobiletint 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2010 at 7:21 AM / IP Logged  

I concluded the only way to bypass the transponder was to tie into the factory transponder wires. However, I initially did so incorrectly and triggered that message and set the alarm off. Going to try to start it again today and hopefully I can find somebody on new years day to clear the code.

I was hoping there was another way to clear it with the factory keys, so I could deliver it.

Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 01, 2010 at 9:51 AM / IP Logged  
I've only done one of those Passats, and the car gave me a very hard time overall, partially because the bypass module didn't work very well.
It's been a while, but I remember having all kinds of trouble getting my transponder bypass to work, and I got those warning messages several times.
But, I think that just by letting the car sit for a couple of minutes, and restarting it with the key, they all went away......have you already done this?
I just wrapped wire around the key and keyport, triggered by a relay---I didn't splice into the factory wires.
In your case, I would try to things before sending the car to the dealer:
1. Disconnect car's battery for a few minutes, reconnect, start car with key, see if message goes away.
2. If that doesn't work, examine where you spliced into the factory transponder wires. Maybe nicked/cut other wires with razor blade?
Maybe you even want to disconnect your transponder bypass wires from the car's wiring and see if that makes it go away.
mobiletint 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2010 at 10:44 AM / IP Logged  

I couldnt get the bypass to work by wrapping the keyport, so I attempted to tie into the wires. I did this incorrectly at first and trigggered the alarm and that message.

I returned the factory transponder wires to origional with no connection to the remote starter.

Pulled the battery for 10 min. Tried several times to start with factory keys.

The best answer Ive come across is to reprogram the keys with VAG COM, but everyone is closed today.

mobiletint 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2010 at 8:37 PM / IP Logged  

I figured Id bring this one back up for a second run.

The dealership has had the car for two days right now, I can tell theyve never encountered the new immobilizer being locked out before. They explained that there are three computer modules tied into this system. Customer is being extremely patient.

Anything I should tell them?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic