icon

2007 chev silverado

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
woodysixes 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2010 at 2:23 PM / IP Logged  
Hi all. New to the site. I just bought a 2007 Silverado ext cab, 4 door. I want to put all my equipment in it from my old 96 Silverado. I have a Pioneer Premier deck w/Ipod, 2 Clarion 10" subs, 300w Kenwood amp 2ch. 400w 4ch Crossfire amp, and a 2XS crossover - specs unknown at this time. I need some help figuring out whether I'll run all that with 2 subs or just 1. I can build the box myself, but I can't see how I'll have room to run more than the 1 sub because I have nowhere to mount the amps other than the floor under the back seat. I had the amps mounted on the back wall of my old ext cab, but the seat folded down and up to access both subs and amps. With the 2007, the seat only folds up to access the floor and the jack set. I was thinking of 1 10" sub box on the drivers side and the amps on the floor beneath the back seat of the passenger side which would still allow access to the jack set. Any advice? Is it hard to pull out the back seat and is there enough room to mount amps on the back wall of the cab?
boogeyman 
Silver - Posts: 359
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2010 at 4:59 PM / IP Logged  
You can make the rear seat fold down......just take the backseat out and cut about an inch and a half from the "clamps" for a lack of a better word, that are mounted on the seatback. We have done it several times to mount the amps.
woodysixes 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2010 at 5:37 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks. That helps alot. I won't be doing the install for a while, so if you happen to do a mod on one could you take a couple pics and post them? Also would you reccomend a box made for down firing or up firing subs?

woodysixes 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2010 at 9:55 PM / IP Logged  
Does anyone have any plans for a dual 10" box for the 2007 silverado ext cab? Or a suggested retailer in the Vancouver BC area?
woodysixes 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2010 at 8:35 AM / IP Logged  
Even with the seat folded down to access the back cab wall is there enough room for the 2 amps and how much airspace do they need for cooling? Is there enough room  to cool themselves if they are tight against the back of the seat?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic