upgrade code alarm f50

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
locosol96 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2010 at 9:55 PM / IP Logged  

Hi Everyone-

I have a 2003 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer I bought used. It came with a Code Alarm F50 remote start already installed (still uses factory FOB for lock/unlock). I had a Viper 5900SST on my last car and got pretty spolied with the range. Does anyone know if any of the Code Alarm 2-way models (like the < color=#0000ff >CODE ALARM CA6550) could be easily swapped for the existing one?

Any thoughts/advice you folks have is appreciated. Been searching for some time now and cannot find any specific answers.

number2 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2010 at 3:51 PM / IP Logged  
Your comparing a 8 or 9 year old remote start to a brand new alarm/remote start system. I really doubt harnesses will match up if thats what your meaning by "easily swapping". Buy another Viper system and throw it in. You already have a working remote start so then it shouldn't take much. Cut out the f50 harness, cross reference the wire diagrams and then splice in the Viper harness.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 04, 2010 at 10:44 PM / IP Logged  
Code Alarm was bought out by Audiovox some years ago.
From what I've been told (actually just was on the phone with a Code dealer today), all the original Code Alarm product is gone.
Anything you see new with the Code Alarm name on it is just rebadged Audiovox (Pursuit/Prestige), and won't plug into any of your old F50 connectors at all.
At this point, you can just pick whatever brand system you want, remove the old F50, and install the new.
The bad news is you have a little bit of extra work to remove the old system. The good news, however, is most of your wires have already been found for you......to install an alarm/starter combo, the only new wires you really need to find are door trigger, door locks, and maybe horn.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic