icon

flash logic not programming

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jnewnam 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2010 at 1:27 PM / IP Logged  
I am using a Flash Logic FTLBF bypass on a 2006 ford explorer. The remote start unit is a Ford Gold System. Every time i go to program the unit i get to thew point where you either remote start the car or jump it across the wires to finish but every time i get a quick flashing green led instead of a solid green to confirm. I have the ground out when running hooked up the blue/black wire on the ford gold system which is suppose to be active out(-). Then the unit is solid red when trying to remote start saying it is not programmed correctly. I think the ground out when running is the issue but i am lost at this point. Does anyone have anything else they can think of to try. Thanks
ds1434 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2010 at 6:50 PM / IP Logged  
Are you pressing the program button after the second key has been recognized before you hit the start button??
TechHead
jnewnam 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2010 at 7:00 PM / IP Logged  
yes, after the second key is recognized i hit the program button and then try and remote start. The light turns red like it supposed saying it is in learn mode and then instead of turning sold green until the ignition is turned off it flashes green quickly for about 2 seconds and then goes out.
beegbie 
Copper - Posts: 341
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2010 at 9:49 PM / IP Logged  
"I am using a Flash Logic FTLBF"
I'm not familiar with this module.
Did you mean a fltb1? If so, do you know what firmware is on it.
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2010 at 6:56 AM / IP Logged  

The FLTBF should work on this truck right out of the box with no reprogramming(it is designed for Fords). One issue i have had, are both keys factory keys? The programming will not work with a cloned key.

Also, try resetting the FLTBF by unplugging it, holding the button in while plugging back in untill the light flashes fast red...

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
jnewnam 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2010 at 7:01 AM / IP Logged  
I have tried doing a reset and still get the same thing. Both keys are factory that came with it. the unit was working fine with the remote start that i pulled off this vehicle which was a python unit. I was swapping the ford unit out so i could put the python on my new truck.
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2010 at 4:05 PM / IP Logged  
Try testing the status wire with a DVM. You couls also try grounding the blue/white wire on the FLTBF just as the RS kicks on to test it.
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
jnewnam 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2010 at 4:16 PM / IP Logged  
hey guys got my problem fixed. The ground out while running wire was loose/broke inside the connector of the bypass. Switched out harness and everything works as it is supposed to. Thanks for all the help

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic