icon

06 volvo s80 r/s

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cmk0808ny 
Copper - Posts: 203
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2010 at 1:16 PM / IP Logged  

has anyone attempted a 2006 volvo s80 r/s? Any tips or pics of install?

I am going to attempt using idatalinks can module and a 556u. prob put a audiovox aps57a in the car.

anything to look out for? do i need to go to battery for 12v?

jmw505 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2010 at 10:43 PM / IP Logged  
yea to need to go to the battery for your power
unlocks these wires are the DRIVERS DOOR KEY CYLINDER wires, to test, you must meter while TURNING the KEY in the DRIVERS DOOR KEY CYLINDER.
horn if you want it @ HORN RELAY, under the HOOD or CEM the CEM (Central electronic Module) is part of the FUSE/RELAY BOX under the DRIVERS SIDE of the DASH
PARKING LIGHTS ( + ) this vehicle has (2) PARKING LIGHT wires, it will require (2) EXTRA RELAYS http://64.85.6.129/extrainfo/diagrams/14301_S80_DUAL%20PARKING%20LIGHT%20DIAGRAM.pdf">parcking light
TRUNK RELEASE @ REM Module the REM (Rear electronic Module) is located in the TRUNK on the DRIVERS SIDE, it is part of the FUSE/RELAY BOX the TRNK/HATCH RELEASE SYSTEM, on this vehicle is a 5-WIRE SYSTEM, that will require an EXTRA RELAY trunk release
that should get you through it
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 08, 2010 at 10:59 PM / IP Logged  
Do a search for the XC90---same dashboard, same wiring.
I've always gotten my constant right at the ignition switch with no troubles.
That car (for some strange reason) has all the lights come on with ignition, even in the daytime...I don't bother connecting parking lights. They already come on anyway.
The ignition wires require patience and careful wire routing to avoid rubbing. I've found it's better to open the white plastic channel that carries the factory wires, and put your aftermarket wires in there.
The "crank averaging" setting and changing the voltage level to "less than .5 volts" should give good results. I've only hooked up a tach wire on those cars once or twice. You may (or may not) have good luck using the tach output from your module you're buying for the locks.
Also, that doorlock module will save a good amount of time. Running wires into the door on those cars isn't much fun.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic