icon

04 lexus rx 330 lock

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
blowndakrt 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2010 at 2:43 PM / IP Logged  
I will be installing a RS w/Keyless in a 04 Lexus RX 330. The customer is not sure which audio system it has in it.
I have seen that if it has the Mark Levinson Audio, the door locks are just a negative pulse. If it has the standard audio, the unlock is a double pulse. It doesn't say if the Lock is a double pulse as well. I don't see a way to do unlock as double pulse and leave the lock single pulse with the unit the customer wants. So I planned to use a bypass for the door locks.
Is there another way to do this without the added cost of another bypass?
Also wanted to get some clarification on the auto headlight shutdown after the remote start shuts down. From what I read, it seems there is come conflicting info on the way to get around this.
Thanks
Shawn
metz35 
Copper - Posts: 458
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2010 at 2:52 PM / IP Logged  
i have never seen a unit that doesnt do double pulse unlock, its pretty common...i would read the instructions before you jump to conclusions.. which unit do they want?
     Power Unlock          GRAY          (-)          IN DRIVERS DOOR          
     PowerLock          BROWN          (-)          IN DRIVERS DOOR          

blowndakrt 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2010 at 3:21 PM / IP Logged  
They are wanting the Zenesis ZN 502S.
Maybe the wording is different in the instructions I got. But it says door pulse type is single pulse or double pulse. So I figured that changed both the lock and unlock to single or double pulse.
It does not word it as the actual Lock or Unlock. That is what made me question how to do it with just the unlock signal.
I am using Code's wiring diagram and it shows that if it has the standard audio system, the unlock is double pulse. If it has the Mark Levinson Audio, then they are both negative triggers. Does your wiring diagram show the same thing?
Thanks
Shawn
metz35 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2010 at 3:59 PM / IP Logged  
taken from the zenesis install manual, the dont make it clear weather its lock or unlock or both, but double pulse lock and unlock shouldnt hurt anything..
04 lexus rx 330 lock -- posted image.
blowndakrt 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2010 at 4:57 PM / IP Logged  
That diagram is different than the one I got with the unit. But it looks like they are both not real clear.
Since the factory alarm and disarm are done through the door lock wires, you still don't feel that would be an issue if it is indeed double pulse on lock as well?
Also, is there any input on the auto headlight issue fix?
Thanks
Shawn
metz35 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2010 at 8:09 PM / IP Logged  
factory alarm disarm is
Key Sense          BLACK          (-)          IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
blowndakrt 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2010 at 10:42 PM / IP Logged  
Not sure I am following. Are you saying the keysense wire will shut down the auto headlights when the remote start shuts down?
If you pulse the keysense wire, it will disarm the factory alarm but won't unlock the doors. The factory arm and disarm can be done through the door lock wires. So I figured I would go that route for the factory arm and disarm.
I was more concerned with the second pulse on the lock, if indeed setting the remote start to double pulse changes both unlock and lock. I was mainly concerned that the second pulse on the lock would cause an issue with the factory alarm.
Thanks
Shawn
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2010 at 2:29 PM / IP Logged  
You have to wire the key sense from your GWR or status output wire, otherwise the factory alarm will trigger off when activating the remote start, or it won't R/S without you unlocking the doors first, also, don't worry about the double pulse lock because as Metz correctly says, it won't do any harm. If you are still worried, PM me with your email address and I'll send you a diagramme showing how to convert single to double pulse.
blowndakrt 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2010 at 3:01 PM / IP Logged  
Ahh, I gotcha. I got a bit confused since I wasn't sure if he was talking about the auto headlight fix.
I had planned to use the XK05 as the bypass and it has the Key Sense input as well.
But thanks for clarifying.
Thanks
Shawn
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 11, 2010 at 7:15 AM / IP Logged  
Keysense in the car needs to see a steady ground while the remote start is on, so the factory alarm won't go off.
The lock and unlock wires (which also arm and disarm the factory alarm) are negative pulse inside the driver's door. I've never seen any difference based on what sound system it has.
The unlock wire kind of is, and kind of isn't, double pulse. The first pulse unlocks the driver's door, the second pulse unlocks all the other doors. You can program your unit for double pulse if you want, or, if your unit has "driver unlock" and "second unlock" outputs, you can tie them both to the same wire in the door, and the customer will have two-step unlock.
If you've decided on an XK05 for that car, I hope you've allowed extra time for your install--that is the most time-consuming choice for transponder bypass on Toyotas.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic