icon

rs in es330, cannot unlock

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
itmdtr 
Copper - Posts: 131
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2010 at 3:35 PM / IP Logged  

I installed a remote start in a 2005 Lexus ES330. I wired it so the owner can press lock twice on the factory key to activate the RS.

Everything works except when the car is running by the RS you cannot use the key fob (button) to unlock the door. Did I tap into the wrong wire somewhere? You can sill unlock the door with the key.

itmdtr
metz35 
Copper - Posts: 458
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2010 at 4:03 PM / IP Logged  
it wont unlock, when the car is running,the car disables the factory fob, most foreign cars do this. which mean they cant shut it off nor can they unlock the doors after its started.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 09, 2010 at 6:25 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, what metz said.
The thing to do will probably be to remove what you installed, and install a remote start/keyless/and maybe trunk unit.
ADS www.idatalink.com recently came out with a new Toyota firmware that will keep the factory remotes working during remote start...not sure if they go back to 2005 models, though.
itmdtr 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2010 at 10:18 PM / IP Logged  
So I'll need to remove the bypass that's presently in the car and replace it with one from idatalink?
itmdtr
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 10, 2010 at 9:14 AM / IP Logged  
Definitely check with idatalink before doing anything. At least go to their website, put in what kind of car it is, see what modules they have, and then download the corresponding install guide and take a look at it.
I know they've come up with something for the brand-new Toyotas, but not sure if they go back to 2005 to keep the factory remote working during remote start.
Another option, if your customer doesn't mind, is to connect your unit's "factory alarm disarm" output to the car's unlock wire. The car will unlock every time it remote starts. This leaves the car a little vulnerable, so it's up to the customer.
itmdtr 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2010 at 9:42 AM / IP Logged  

I spoke with the owner of the car and they want the car to stay locked.

I can't remember which bypass I used. I think it was a PKT2 (bypasskit.com). I installed the RS last year and recently had to make it work from the key. Customer got tired of using two remotes.

I'll have to look and see which bypass I installed. Maybe there is a new firmware for the one that is already in the car. I really don't want to remove the one that is already installed.

itmdtr

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic