icon

chevy cruise control life span

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dotaylor617 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2010 at 7:53 AM / IP Logged  

I have a 2007 Chevy Silverado and a 1994 Chevy Silverado. I bought both brand new and found that the cruise control on both vehicles work when they want to after  ahundred thou miles. The 1994 still works intermitantly but the '07 acts like it will work in warm weather once it heats up but then the green dash light kicks off as tho I hit the brake and will not respond to any of the buttons on the steering wheel. At first I was  able to dupe the cruise by ttapping the brake at the same time as the cruise and it would then work from that point forward til the engine was shut off. And by the way, the 07 is the fallen-apartenest in the interior vehicle I've ever owned. And I love the ride, the engine, the payout, but way too much cheesy platic tht brakes off or just falls off with-in weeks of buying the truck.

Anyone got any idea if this cruise control problem is just some sensor that needs replacement or too complex to deal with?

Doug Taylor

dotaylor617@gmail.com
festeraddams 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2010 at 11:11 PM / IP Logged  
Maybe a bad VSS or a bad Brake Swtich?
The light bulbs not burned out, it is just full of dark!
awdeclipse 
Copper - Posts: 285
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2010 at 12:03 PM / IP Logged  
Make sure your brake pedal isn't sagging and tripping the brake/cruise cancel switch. Some OEM systems use the brake input as a check before it will allow cruise to be used. So if you have an intermittent or out of range brake switch, might be worth checking first.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic