icon

08 nissan frontier door pin

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
phlame217 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2010 at 12:50 AM / IP Logged  
This isn't my first alarm or anything, but I am trying to get everything set to go before it arrives Wednesday
I have an 08 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE trim with tow package.
I am going off of the 05 Schematics listed in the auto section to which everything has matched until door pins:
Door Trigger see notes   -   BCM
Notes: The LF door is gray(not that color) in pin 47.
The RF door is lt. green(yellow in my truck) in pin 12.
The LR door is pink (not this color) in pin 48.
The RR door is blue(gray in my truck) in pin 13.
Use all four wires and diode isolate each.
and so I pulled the three harnesses which run to the bcm out and started checking pins, and none of the pin numbers listed match colors. Obvious answer here is to DMM, but before I go through that hassle, just wondering if anyone who has access to DirecTech could verify this and make sure the '08 hasnt changed since '05. The BCM is tightly packed in the dash and Its a pain to rip it apart to get better access too.
I have to have these wires correct for sure since I'll be using them both for alarm purpose and also for the DLPK to use as a transponder bypass.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 11, 2010 at 7:21 AM / IP Logged  
I don't know the colors, but pretty much all Nissan BCMs are the same (unless the car has pushbutton start).
Anyway, at the BCM you should have:
--a 40-pin plug with all small wires. (This plug has your security LED interrupt, CAN High and Low, and the empty pins for the locks.)
--Another plug with slightly larger wires in it. These are ignition, constant, ground, and the wires going to the doorlock motors in the doors.
--Another plug, about the same size as the one with the medium wires, but the wires are smaller. This plug has your door triggers and also the domelight wire.
If you're at all unsure of the wire colors you found listed for the doorpins, just go to each doorpin switch, unscrew it, pull it out a little bit, and note the wire color. Won't take more than five minutes to do all the doors. Then you can go find (and, of course, test) the same colors at the BCM.
P.S. The BCM is held in by two 10mm screws. You might gain better access by unscrewing it and letting it hang by its wires.
phlame217 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2010 at 10:08 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks, Ill look at that this evening when I finish classes.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic