icon

03 navigator alarm issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
precisionmobile 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2010 at 8:42 PM / IP Logged  

I installing a viper 5902 into a 03 navigator. All is well except for these two issues that I have figured out yet.

I need to figure out how to shut the factory interior dome lights off when I arm the truck from the viper remote. THe problem is that they stay on for 20 seconds and this sends a page to the remote saying the door is open. I need the unit to mimic the factory controler. I don't want the customer to have to use both remote.

Also on remote start I need the alarm to shut off the radio after remote start is done. The radio stays on. I figure I could pulse the doors after remote start is done.

Does anyone know of a quicker way to do this? I can't find any tech info on directtechs website. Thanks for any responce

mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2010 at 8:54 PM / IP Logged  

Does your alarm not have an "ignore open door report" setting? For the radio, I've always pulsed the drivers doorpin, as you mentioned. Drivers door pin is BLACK / YELLOW (-) at door boot, or at vehicle security module. I imagine your system has some kind of pulse after shutdown, but i'm not sure.

precisionmobile 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2010 at 9:03 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the quick reply. I really appreciate it. I just going to pulse the factory door wire with the factory arm output from the alarm. That should fix that problem.

The viper 5902 does not have that bypass on it I don't think. I going to go over the programming mode to check. Thanks for the help03 navigator alarm issues -- posted image.

zerepdivad 
Silver - Posts: 605
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2010 at 12:15 AM / IP Logged  
That viper should have that. My 5701 has it as well as my dads 5901. It's in there as like door error chirp or something along those lines.
A DMM is a beautiful thing.
MECP Advanced Installer Certified.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic