icon

5901 in 97 civic

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bmorei9s06 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2010 at 10:36 PM / IP Logged  
hey guys. im looking at the install guide for the 5901 i got and im trying to match the wires up so i can install this easily and cut what wires i wont need. on the main harness(h1) i believe i will be cutting, the RED / white (-)200ma aux/trunk output, WHITE/ brown parking light isolation wire, purple (+) door trigger, BLACK/ white dome light supervision. on h2 harness ill be taking out all the aux outputs since i dont have any aux right now to install and the oem arm/disarm wires. in the same harness, theres all these (-)200mA wires such as, status output, accessory output, starter output, and ignition output. those all be cut as well? also the brake shutdown will go to GREEN / WHITE wile on brake pedal? what about the neutral safety input? i pretty much have the h3(remote start) harness figured out. im putting this in my cx hatch so i got door actuators for power locks. will i need a relay or just wire them up to the alarm since theres a door lock connector? if you could help me, i know its through a post but all i could find was a basic wiring diagram. but id appreciate whatever help you could assist me in. thanks.
precisionmobile 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2010 at 10:58 PM / IP Logged  

I do these cars all day. Not that hard. You can get the parking brake and tach wire right behind the cluster. Tach is a solid blue wire and parking brake is GREEN/ red. Please test the brake wire as there is 4 of that color back there. All you have to do is run the tach wire from the alarm and the netural saftey switch which goes to the parking brake there. It will be the black with white stripe wire. Also I am giving you instructions on a 5 speed. Also make sure you plug in the remote start switch.

For your parking brake do this. The brake switch is a pia to get to. Grab that wire in the driver kick panel in the harness that runs to the back. Its a thick green with white stripe.

precisionmobile 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2010 at 11:00 PM / IP Logged  
Here is also a good site on how to do a stealth install on your car. www.honda-tech.com Look in the a/s/v in there fourm. Your car is a hot ticket.
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2010 at 2:41 PM / IP Logged  

It's easy as pie on that car! If the car is manual then connect as said above, if it's tranny then, just ground the wire, there is a toggle switch that must be plugged on for it to function anyway!

commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
bmorei9s06 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2010 at 10:27 PM / IP Logged  
precisionmobile wrote:

I do these cars all day. Not that hard. You can get the parking brake and tach wire right behind the cluster. Tach is a solid blue wire and parking brake is GREEN/ red. Please test the brake wire as there is 4 of that color back there. All you have to do is run the tach wire from the alarm and the netural saftey switch which goes to the parking brake there. It will be the black with white stripe wire. Also I am giving you instructions on a 5 speed. Also make sure you plug in the remote start switch.

For your parking brake do this. The brake switch is a pia to get to. Grab that wire in the driver kick panel in the harness that runs to the back. Its a thick green with white stripe.

thanks man. remote start switch though? is that the little switch that comes with the alarm correct? also im a little confused on the starter kill. i read this "The blue/white (-) 200mA 2nd status/rear defogger output of 5 pin connector or the blue (-) 200mA status output must be connected to the BLACK/ blue lead of the CIS, [clutch interlock switch., or connect the H3/4 violet, starter output, after the cars starter/starter cut relay, it will be a BLACK/ red lead at the relay." and go confused. where should the green and purple wire for starter kill go?
t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2010 at 12:10 PM / IP Logged  

Cut the starter wire in half, and connect the green to key side and the violet to the side leading to the engine bay!

t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2010 at 12:11 PM / IP Logged  
Yes when i say switch i'm reffering to the plug in togle switch that came withthe alarm!
bmorei9s06 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2010 at 3:59 PM / IP Logged  
ahhhhh ok. gotcha now! thanks!!
bmorei9s06 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2010 at 4:02 PM / IP Logged  
oh and also with the keyless entry. i know the alarm has the output wires. do i need a relay or just hook them right to the aftermarket door actuators?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic