icon

bmw x3 remote start opens doors

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
principal 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2010 at 9:14 AM / IP Logged  
I just had my bmw x3 2007 wired for remote start with a viper 5902. When I remote start my car the door lock opens, and when it times out after 12 minutes the door locks opens again if initially closed. Is there a fix for this. Did the technician miss something. thanx.
knowledge is wisdom
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2010 at 5:14 PM / IP Logged  

does the door locks unlock, start then lock again? if so they did it like that to prevent setting off the factory alarm.

after it shuts down and the doors stay open, your installer should wire up the pulse after shutdown wire to the door locks.

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
principal 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2010 at 5:28 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you Tedman, i will suggest that to my installer. Do you think there is a way to pulse the door locks close when it starts up and shuts off instead of pulsing the door locks open like its doing now?
knowledge is wisdom
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2010 at 8:26 AM / IP Logged  
Principal, did you pm me on this? If not, use the grey valet key instead of the regular key with buttons and a 556U wired to the European method,i.e. no antenna loop required. Using the regular key causes all sorts of locking problems.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2010 at 4:53 PM / IP Logged  

really? thanks for the info howie. its ture that you do learn something new everyday.

howie, the euro method is snip the loop and tap into factory wires right?

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2010 at 7:25 AM / IP Logged  
Yes to your last question Ted, in and out on one wire, join to the other, always works.
For the last bloody time let me explain, I first found this out on a manual E46 330 Cabriolet belonging to a Russian guy and it was left hand drive, so minus the rear fog light and amber direction indicators it was probably the same spec as the US models.
Purple (I call it violet) accessory wire must be set up as 2nd ignition. Fail to do this and the whole thing's moot.
The car key with remote buttons, I gutted one and even with the battery removed, it's still "talking" 2 to the locks and engine management telling them "oh look, someone's trying to lock me with the key in the ignition".
So use the bloody grey valet key. It doesn't do any of this.
One other thing and I'm not sure, but I THINK US models have a keysense. Ours don't but if this is so, wire the GWR or "Status output wire" to it.
The only vehicles where I know you definitely need to do this are Toyota/Lexus.
principal 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2010 at 12:20 PM / IP Logged  

Ok finally my 2007 x3 remote start with the viper 5902 is working the way it should. much thanx to Howie and Ted for their willing input , especially about using the vallet key instead of the button key. I must mention that the wiring was done directly to the brain of the x3. before the connections was made by the drivers door. I am not able to say for sure if the technician followed all that howie said but i did give him the print out of the blog. many thanks also to the guys at KO Custom Whips in The Bronx NYC, They disected that car and was very professional. so its official the bmw x3 can be viper remote started and i am loving it.

knowledge is wisdom

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic