icon

how to run cables in car

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
iand1234 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2010 at 3:36 PM / IP Logged  
ok so i have heard your not supposed to run power and speaker cables in same space. i have an 03 mazda protege and will be running three amps total to the back for an amp rack and then speaker wires back to the prospective places ie doors and rear deck. my question is if i am not supposed to run the power cables in same spot as speaker cables then where would i run them? run the speaker cables thru the doors, trim panels and so on on the outside? and then run the power cables and remote turn ons thru the center console and thru the center of the car? or is there another alternative to running the power cables to the amps?
zombies will eat your brains if not decapitaded first
frydchkn 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2010 at 12:54 AM / IP Logged  
I wouldn't worry much about the speaker wires. It is your RCA's that you want to keep away from heavy gauge power wires.
Throw you're power wires down one side and your RCA's down the other.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2010 at 12:16 PM / IP Logged  
And it really doesn't matter if it's a sub you're installing because the frequency response is too low to hear any interference!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic