icon

2006 gmc remote start/alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mikemaynard25 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2010 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged  

To the Pros, I hope you could provide me some insight if this is operating properly or if not, would could be the potential issue.

On 2006 GMC Sierra extended cab with Python 872 and a DLPKGM using D2D.  Everything appears to be fully functional except for the fact that the door trigger does not setoff the Python.

f you arm the system while inside and manually unlock/open the either door, neither the factory alarm nor the DEI alarm will go off. Probably because of the dome light delay as I get a Door trigger already registered upon arming system. So, then I arm the system from inside, wait 60 seconds (DEI door trigger clears). When I manually unlock/open the driver door, the DEI does not alarm, but the factory alarm does.

There are two different wiring diagrams for the DLPKGM D2D, the Type 2 in the main manual and then the 2003-2006 sierra supplement. The only difference is that there the supplement diagram procedure shows the door trigger being hardwired to the alarm system.  However, the procedure in the supplement is wrong as it does not tell you to activate D2D.  I also verified that 12vdc was on the green wire or not based on door being closed or open.  Have tried both wiring configurations and operation is the same.

Please Help. Mike

Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 15, 2010 at 9:19 AM / IP Logged  
Did you set feature 2-4 of the programming options?
The green wire from the DLPKGM is giving you ground when the door is opened and is connected to the green - door input in the H1 harness, correct?
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
mikemaynard25 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2010 at 4:30 PM / IP Logged  

Menu 2-4 only turns on or off the chirp.  The issue still exists that after the dome delay clears and system activates triggers, that the factory alarm sounds when the door opens and not the Python.  Green (DLPKGM) to Green (H1).  Operation is the same whether this is wired in or not.

Bigger issue now after 2 weeks without any issues.  20 minutes into a drive, battery dash indicator came on as well as airbag indicator.  Shut off the vehicle and disconnected DLPKGM.  No lights for the rest of the trip.  Connected everything back up and after some drive time, battery indicator comes on again.  The unit remote starts, gives feedback, locks/unlocks.  However, the arm/disarm (and no siren chirp) is not functional.  Valet LED is always on Solid and I get an error tone when I lock/unlock immediately. Wiring is definitely correct.  Only have 8 wires hardwired RS in (BLACK/ White to Ground, Violet/white to DLPKGM violet/white, Brown to Brake switch, Gray to Hood Switch), H1 (Red to con.stant 12V, Brown to Siren, Black to Ground, and Green to DLPKGM Green) plus the OBD2 purple and Ignition pink on the DLPKGM.  All of the H3 are pretty straight forward when connecting to the T-Harness.

I don't see how the DLPKGM could have damaged the Python if it went bad.  If the Python has issues, could it cause the issues with the OBD2 interface and console that I am seeing?  Have you seen a portion of a unit stop funtioning after a little runtime?  I've pulled everything out of the nice wire runs and mounting locations and have it all hanging out of the dash.  Everything was soldered and heat shrinked except for the OBD2 interface which was soldered and taped.

Am I missing something? Is there a way to reset the python? 

This is how the rest of my Friday went also.  Just hate that when it happens.

Any help/info is appreciated.

Mike

mikemaynard25 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2010 at 7:20 PM / IP Logged  

Well apparently, I don't know enough about what randomly pushing remote buttons does to the operation.  Activated the 60 sec autolock on the remote.  It was in valet mode hence the the no arming response. 

That being said, I assume that having it in valet mode was not the reason for lighting up my dash panel.  I'll take it for a spin to see.  The wiring is still the same, so is there anything I missed that would cause the DLPKGM to mess with the OBD?  I've did the auto learn a couple times.

Thanks in advance for any input/advice.

Mike

mikemaynard25 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2010 at 8:10 PM / IP Logged  

Well, still an issue with DLPKGM messing with OBD II.  Battery indicator came on after about five minutes, then a "Service 4WD".  Unplugged it, restarted and all ok.

I'll email xpresskit and see if I get a response.  It'll have to sit uplugged until I get it figured out.

Mike

mikemaynard25 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2010 at 9:59 AM / IP Logged  

Figured the Christmas Tree dash lights out - The DLPKGM auto learn is dependant on the supplementental wiring for the specific vehicle at the time of the autolearn.  Have started a new post as I'm curious as to why.

So, the only issue remaining is below.

If you arm the system while inside and manually unlock/open the either door, neither the factory alarm nor the DEI alarm will go off. Probably because of the dome light delay as I get a Door trigger already registered upon arming system and Valet blinks 3 times. So, then I arm the system from inside, wait 60 seconds (valet changes from 3 blinks to just 1). When I manually unlock/open the driver door, the DEI does not alarm, but the factory alarm does.

I asked someone on another forum with the same setup and he gets the exact same issue, but never knew.  I assume it is an issue with the system and not wiring or programming.  I may try an XK09 just to see.  I'm not overly concerned, but I do lose remote notification as well as trigger notification on disarm unless they also set off the shock sensor.

Mike

vince6411 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2010 at 2:21 AM / IP Logged  
Hay Mike did you ever get a answer for the doors open not setting off the alarm. I am gatting the same thing. I installed a prestige APS-997N with the DLPKGM. I open the drivers door after 2 min and the Prestige and factory will go off. If I try any other doors I get nothing?
Thanks to the members of this site I can do it!!! IT=EVERTHING

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic