icon

2010 silverado rs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
paul h 
Copper - Posts: 109
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2010 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged  

I'm working with a 2010 Silverado putting in a simple RS/keyless entry system using the ADS-AL-GM3 modules. 

1st problem....I'm using the type 3 wiring and on the page, there is 2 different diagrams for wiring into....first is the actual connector at the pk3 module, which is at the ignition module...found it OK and no problem & wires all match up...but I cannot find the other connector it is speaking of.  It shows it to be a 6-pin connector and the 2 wires I am going after is the ignition and passlock wire but it doesn't say what the colors are.  I'm assuming it is the other plug coming up to the ignition cylinder??  Can anyone confirm the colors I am needing for the ignition and passlock?  I know the manual states these must be pulled from certain specific areas....????

2nd problem is my dealer said the 09 and 10 years wiring was the same.  I get in and find for the accessory, diagram shows it to be a yellow & in the ignition harness....I don't have a yellow in the ign harness.  I have a pink, pink/black, brown, white and RED / white....and thats it.  Did they change the color on this year??  I done some testing and the brown and white both come up with ignition...so I'm kina puzzled!  The only yellows I can find lead up to the turn signal module.....

Anyone help with any of this??  Thanks in advance!!

EDIT:  I just looked on the wire diagrams here on the site and it said the accessory was a BROWN and some models a yellow...so I guess that takes care of #2 above.  Unless someone has anything different to share.  Thanks!!

yimke 
Copper - Posts: 417
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2010 at 10:41 PM / IP Logged  
Did you actually take the steering shroud off? It is a lot easier to do it this way. And you will see your harnesses you are looking for with correct pin locations.
samh_08 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2010 at 10:46 PM / IP Logged  
IGN = Pink
Passlock = Pink/Black
The connector for these is directly on the bottom of the steering column.
paul h 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2010 at 8:04 AM / IP Logged  

Yes I pulled the shroud off and found the 2 connectors, 1 on bottom of ignition assembly and the other on the bottom of the pk3 assembly...I was just having trouble matching up wires for the pk3 as it didn't tell me what colors to deal with!! 

Thanks to you both!! 

paul h 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2010 at 3:45 AM / IP Logged  

Say....I picked up an ignition ring for the heck of it....would this be better to use than hard wiring all the pk3 stuff??  Does this go between the key and the pk3 or the pk3 and the column...I've never put one on before!!

Thanks again!

kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2010 at 6:19 AM / IP Logged  

The difference between Type 2 and Type 3 wiring with the ADS AL GM3 is due to the use of the GM3 ring.  Type 2 ( with ring ) will only draw 7 ma of current while Type 3 ( without ) will draw 30 ma, which could lead to a run down battery if the truck isn't used daily.   The ring is programmed to the truck  as if a key.  After programming, its plug is attached to the ADS AL blue connector and the antenna is wrapped around the trucks ignition switch.  It is controlled ( turned on ) by the IDatalink module. 

Go to the IDatalink web site for the install guides for the module and the RNG GM3 at:   http://www.idatalink.com/helpdesk/

Also note that the IDatalink web site shows no listings for the 2010 Silverado yet.  The 2009 is listed and supported with your modules & ring. 

Soldering is fun!
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2010 at 6:33 AM / IP Logged  
My guess is the 2010 will work with the 2009 programming. As for the ring, after you program it just wrap it 4 times around the key switch. It will fit between the cylinder and that plastic cover on the end....
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic