icon

compustar r1600 remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Sabbotage 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2010 at 11:52 AM / IP Logged  
I just had a Compustar R1600 remote start system installed into my 5-speed 2009 pontiac G5. I was not too impressed with the service given where I had the system installed at because the guys at the dealer didn't even know how to work the whole system to show me how to use it.   I used to install alarms/remote starters mostly before the year 2000 so i'm not too familiar with the newest technology. I do, however have a few questions about my system that hopefully someone can answer....
The first question is when i stop the car and put the e-brake on and take the car out of gear the doors are supposed to automatically unlock...Well sometimes they do and sometimes they don't....Is there a process to get the doors to unlock automatically?
Also, kinda similar to above, when I get out of the car and shut the door the system shuts the car off and then locks the doors automatically....and again the horn sometimes honks and sometimes it doesn't. Is there a way to make it permanently honk when the doors lock?
And the final question is, my car from the factory is set up so that when the ignition goes off the radio stays on until the door is opened. This function is working fine until I close the door and the car shuts off, then the radio comes back on. After 10 minutes it shuts off automatically anyway but shouldnt there be an interface so the radio doesnt do that?
Sabbotage 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2010 at 3:37 PM / IP Logged  
bump anyone?
metz35 
Copper - Posts: 458
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2010 at 4:13 PM / IP Logged  
not to familiar with the r1600 i use 6200's. They didnt pulse the door the door trigger to shut off the radio to answer question 3... i dont do manauls so if some one can answer ur question on reservation mode im sure you will get an answer..
Sabbotage 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2010 at 4:36 PM / IP Logged  
Well I was told the door trigger can't be pulsed after the door is shut on a manual or it disables reservation mode. As for the doors unlocking I called compustar and they said i needed to enable ignition lock which is option 1-9. The guy on the phone walked me through it. Push buttons 1 and 2 for 3 seconds and then again. And then buttons 3 and 4 for 3 seconds 9 times which worked fine. But then when I push buttons 1 and 4 for .5 seconds to turn it on nothing happens.
I'm just not very happy after paying 475 bucks to get this system installed and it doesnt even work right. Sure it starts the car but there has to be a way to shut the radio off and also make the locks work the correct way.
Sabbotage 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2010 at 8:00 AM / IP Logged  
Well i fixed one of the issues with this. After researching i found out the system that was actually installed was a Compustar 1WAM-S system with a CM4200VF brain. Ignition controlled door locks ended up being option 2-5 on this model.
As for the horn honk, I just turned my factory horn honk back on and it honks every time the doors lock now just like from the factory. Sometimes it honks twice though, im guessing maybe the pulse is too short?
As far as the radio staying on, if I close the door and reopen and shut it again before the system enters reservation mode then the radio stays off. I'm still not sure how to get around this, and neither does the dealer that installed it. If someone could chime in with a fix for that I'd appreciate it.
One other question I had is, in the CM4200 brain where are the dipswitches for the runtime located? I know they are on the brain, but is that something i have to take the brain apart to get to?
Thanks for any help anyone can provide.
dswift 
Copper - Posts: 396
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2010 at 6:03 PM / IP Logged  
Brain has a access door on it. Flip dip switch #2
"dont ground out!"

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic