icon

troubleshoot remote start, 88 chevy blazer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
danibis719 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2010 at 12:46 PM / IP Logged  
the vehicle is 1998 chevy s blazer with passlock 2 and no factory alarm. The equipment is prestige APS-920a and DEI 555LW bypass. I wired everything using this diagram https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/alarmdetail/435.html and this is the alarm wiring http://audiovox2.info/docs/voxx_mob/man/APS920_DOC_IM.PDF  . I ran the blue wire from the 555lw to the Light Blue Wire: Ground Output While Running Under Remote Start. I have the Grey w/ Black Trace Wire: Negative Inhibit Input Plus Trigger When Armed going to the white brake wire. I did'nt wire anything to the Brown Ingition 3 wire on the vehicle. I have programed the 555lw as instructed and the alarms tach learn feature and everythings led's flashed like they should..when I press the trunk/start button twice to remote start nothing happens?
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 19, 2010 at 12:54 PM / IP Logged  
danibis719 wrote:
Negative Inhibit Input Plus Trigger When Armed going to the white brake wire.
The brake wire has ground on it whenever the brake is not applied. The wire that goes to your brake wire should be a 'positive inhibit' or something similar. Your system is always seeing a negative input on it's negative shutdown input wire. It would never start.
Also, after looking at the manual did you hook up the ORANGE / black parking brake input? Pretty sure it won't start without this too.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
danibis719 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2010 at 12:54 PM / IP Logged  
do i need to use any of these wires?

Wiring The 4 Pin Auxiliary Output Harness, Connector “A”

The auxiliary 4 pin connector provides low current outputs to control various functions in the vehicle

during different stages of the Remote Start unit's operation

danibis719 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2010 at 12:57 PM / IP Logged  
so just unhook that wire?
danibis719 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2010 at 12:58 PM / IP Logged  
no I didnt hook up the parking brake cause i thought that was for turbo only?
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 19, 2010 at 1:10 PM / IP Logged  
danibis719 wrote:
so just unhook that wire?
Incorrect. Yes you need to unhook that wire, but you need to connect the BROWN / black #17 wire to the vehicle's brake wire. This tells the RS to shutoff when the brake pedal is pressed.
danibis719 wrote:
no I didnt hook up the parking brake cause i thought that was for turbo only?
This wire lets the system know the parking brake is engaged, and it's OK to start. Most people either ground this wire permanently or hook it up using a toggle switch, so they can shut off the RS when they need to. Like when taking the vehicle to a mechanic or anytime when working under the hood.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
danibis719 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2010 at 1:35 PM / IP Logged  
I have the brow/black going to the noramly - brake wire that is + when brake is applyed alrady....Is that right? I'll go ground the ground the parking brake wire and post what happens in a couple min
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2010 at 5:34 PM / IP Logged  
You need to connect the BROWN / black wire on the RS to the white wire on the brake switch. The gray/black is for a hoodpin switch and if this is grounded the RS will not work. You do not have to connect the ORANGE / black unless the feature is turned on in the menu.
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
danibis719 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2010 at 6:18 PM / IP Logged  

my first post was incorrect I have the BROWN / white to the brake negitive ////////////  the grey/white to the hood pin switch /////////  and have try grounding the parking brake wire but still nothing..........what about the The 4 Pin Auxiliary Output Harness, Connector “A”The auxiliary 4 pin connector provides low current outputs to control various functions in the vehicleduring different stages of the Remote Start unit's operation do I need torun any of these?

hydrodancer91 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2010 at 8:26 PM / IP Logged  
disconnect the hood pin switch and make sure your connector isnt touching anything metal and try it. or test it with the hood shut and make sure that it isnt showing ground. and test the BROWN / black wire and make sure it isnt showing 12v.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic