prostart 2005 ford ranger not starting

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
metzen 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2010 at 11:33 PM / IP Logged  
Hello,
Sorry for the newb post but I'm trying to figure out why we can't get this remote start to work. I've searched for answers and suspect I might be on to something but need some reassurances.
I have a 2005 Ford Ranger (manual transmission) and a ProStart 3370 (doesn't really exist per Google apparently). It's pretty much the exact same as the 3371 except for the "yellow loop" and it doesn't work with automatic transmissions.
Anyways, I've connected all the wires according to the wire diagrams I've found here and from autostart.ca. I've managed to flash the hood-pin, program the remote, set the multi-speed tach, and set the unit to ready mode. But the car will not remote start. The lights will come on for a couple of seconds then turn off. The fuel pump does NOT start.
From the autostart.ca website it says the car has a transponder security system and has diagrams to bypass it, but I'm not sure the truck actually has this system. From the autostart website it says the transponder wires are located here:
prostart 2005 ford ranger not starting - Last Post -- posted image.
Well, on this truck it does not have this device or any of those wires. The green plug in the picture just does not exist.
With that, am I missing the security system? Is this is missing piece that's preventing this truck from starting remotely?
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2010 at 6:26 AM / IP Logged  

you need a bypass module.

place one of the keys in the igition cylinder, try to remote start it. If it starts its a bypass issue. Look on your dash and notice THEFT or SECURITY.

i did a ford ranger about a week ago. The green plug was not there, but it was grey in colour. it will be in the same location.

Ground - pin 1

Ignition - pin 2
data -  (refer to bypass manual)

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
metzen 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2010 at 8:48 AM / IP Logged  
"you need a bypass module.
place one of the keys in the igition cylinder, try to remote start it. If it starts its a bypass issue. Look on your dash and notice THEFT or SECURITY.
i did a ford ranger about a week ago. The green plug was not there, but it was grey in colour. it will be in the same location.
Ground - pin 1
Ignition - pin 2
data - (refer to bypass manual)"
Placing a key in the ignition cylinder and trying to remote start results in the same. Lights come on for about 4 seconds then off.
Any recommendations on a bypass module?
Thanks!
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2010 at 8:34 PM / IP Logged  

i think you missed the start wire. Does the unit have any diagnostics (park light flashes)

there are many to choose from. i use the Fortin modules. the can sl2 will do the job, but all bypasses for this truck requires 2 ORIGINAL keys to program.

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
metzen 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2010 at 11:10 AM / IP Logged  
tedmond wrote:

i think you missed the start wire. Does the unit have any diagnostics (park light flashes)

there are many to choose from. i use the Fortin modules. the can sl2 will do the job, but all bypasses for this truck requires 2 ORIGINAL keys to program.

Thanks Tedmond.
I've double/triple checked the start wire via a multimeter to ensure there was connectivity. My friend suggested the same thing.
Purple Starter Wire to RED / Blue wire
Without a transponder bypass, what would the remote start do?
moonliter 
Copper - Posts: 322
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2010 at 12:28 PM / IP Logged  

This is a manual tranny, so you need to hook up the clutch bypass, door triggers & e-brake. You never mentioned anything about the clutch so that could be your problem. Get the remote start part working first then do the transponder bypass. Open up the steering upper shroud, if the ignition switch has a plastic ring around it, then you need a bypass module.

metzen 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2010 at 9:02 AM / IP Logged  
moonliter wrote:

This is a manual tranny, so you need to hook up the clutch bypass, door triggers & e-brake. You never mentioned anything about the clutch so that could be your problem. Get the remote start part working first then do the transponder bypass. Open up the steering upper shroud, if the ignition switch has a plastic ring around it, then you need a bypass module.

Sorry, I should have mentioned, the clutch bypass is done, connected door triggers and parking-brake.
How do you get the remote start part working first without a transponder bypass? Leave the key in the ignition? Does it need to be turned to anything or just sit there?
moonliter 
Copper - Posts: 322
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2010 at 9:27 AM / IP Logged  

Just leave the key in and leave it in OFF position instead of pulling the key out when you get the ready mode set. After you get out of the truck, shut the truck down with remote, now try to remote start. If it starts & stays running then you know the remote part is working. after that, proceed to work on your pats bypass.

remember roll down the window when you leave the key inside !

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic