scytek astra 1000rs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
deltadmx 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2010 at 12:06 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys,
I have a somewhat odd question here regarding this model remote start. I am used to working with the DEI and Ultra remote starters, but this is my first time working with a Scytek one. While looking over the manual to make sure I had my wire colors right I noticed the main ignition harness say "Ignition 1 output (negative) to activate external relay"; so on and so forth for the other ignition, accessory, and crank wires. I am assuming these wires are positive polarity, yet I wanted to run this by you guys. I know this is a common r/s so I am hoping someone can answer this simple question? Thanks guys. I am really hoping I do not need relays for all those wires. I know this is probably a dumb question but I have never seen any brand remote start display a negative polarity for their ignition harness wires.
prdjr165 
Copper - Posts: 293
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2010 at 4:46 PM / IP Logged  
they are talking about the ribbon cable that plugs one end into the R/S and the other end goes into the attached relays which put out the (+)outputs to your ignition wires.
deltadmx 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2010 at 7:45 PM / IP Logged  
Perfect. Thanks. I know it sounds crazy for me to think they would of had four primary wires with a negative current going through it, but I have never used one of these systems before so I would rather be safe than sorry. Thanks again!
sneakycyber 
Silver - Posts: 413
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2010 at 10:44 AM / IP Logged  
Make sure you have the ribbon plugged in properly. You can't plug it in wrong on the newer ones, on the older ones though its easy to do. You can look at the exploded wiring diagram to check.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic