icon

where to get electrical components?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rob350 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2010 at 7:14 PM / IP Logged  
Im a new member, but have used diagrams on your site before, very helpful thank!
Locally i dont know of anywhere to get more advanced 12 volt kinda electrical components, so im wondering where online you guys recommend for ordering stuff?
Im wiring in a back up light on my quad, so that with the use of a relay the light will automatically come on. Problem is that the "park" feature requires moving through the reverse selection on the shifter, meaning every time i stop it would flash the reverse light quickly.
with some searching on here and Google, i have found that a timed delay relay would work for me. I just dont know where to get one from.
ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2010 at 7:23 PM / IP Logged  
you can use a DEI 528T. you should be able to order one easy as pie.
rob350 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2010 at 8:01 PM / IP Logged  
"pulse timer" i dont think that is what im looking for.
I want a 3 to 5 second(type of idea) delay on the relay. It can stay on as long as i have power to it. I think that's a "Normally-open, timed-closed"
"you should be able to order one easy as pie." From where?
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 21, 2010 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  
ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2010 at 8:58 AM / IP Logged  

rob350 wrote:
"pulse timer" i dont think that is what im looking for.
I want a 3 to 5 second(type of idea) delay on the relay. It can stay on as long as i have power to it. I think that's a "Normally-open, timed-closed"
"you should be able to order one easy as pie." From where?

you need to read about how a 528T works and operates and all the 100's of applications it can be used for, it will do exactly what you are wanting to accomplish depending on how you wire it up.

as far as where to get one? a quick google search for "528t" turned up many upon many results where you can order one from.

rob350 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2010 at 11:13 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks guys, mine came in last night. Got it wired up, but its not working right.
The confusing part is that the trigger wire that i have to use is actually the ground wire for the reverse light on my dash. The computer closes the circuit on the ground wire allowing the dash light to turn on. To turn the dash light off, the computer just opens the circuit.
yellow 30 to 12v+
red to 12v+
black to ground
87 (brown) to my back up light
The black w/tripe (trigger input) would be wired to the ground wire for the dash reverse light. For mock up purposes i simply touch the black w/stripe to ground to act like the dash reverse wire (simpler then messing with the shifter).
When i touch the black w/stripe wire to ground (hold, or touch and remove) the back up light comes on instantly (without delay). The delay is how long it takes for the light to turn off.
I want it the other way, I want a delay to turn the light on. So I can temporarily connect the black w/stripe wire to ground while shifting from neutral to park (through reverse) without flashing the back up light, but when i put it in reverse after a second or two(the delay to make sure im not simply changing ranges from neutral to park) it will turn on the back up light.
rob350 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2010 at 6:07 PM / IP Logged  
bump

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic