icon

polar start 3655 fm won't start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rtebbutt 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2010 at 1:30 PM / IP Logged  

I recently bought a vehicle with a PS-3655 FM remote starter in it. The doors lock and unlock, and when I try to start it the lights come on and I can hear the fuel pump, but it doesn't crank at all. It powers down and then the park lights flash 3 times. I've checked the tach wire and it is hooked up (the previous owner said it just quit recently.

I've tried googling the model # with no luck. Does anyone know what might be wrong? Or does anyone have an install manual with full details on how to program it? From what I've been reading, I think it has something to do with the tach setting, but I'm not 100% sure.

HELP!

Ryan
rtebbutt 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2010 at 1:30 PM / IP Logged  
Oh yes, it is installed in a 2004 GMC Yukon.
Ryan
lgrammer 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2010 at 4:13 PM / IP Logged  
well it could be a couple things that you may want to look into.if you can test the remote starts module under dash when you remote start it to make sure all the ign wires are powering up from remote start and also make sure the crank(starter) wire also is working. also another thing it could be is the passlock. if they bypass used with the remote start stopped working it wont work. i believe on the gmc there is a little car with lock on it on instrument cluster that goes on then off when the key is in and started. now with the remote start get in the vechile and start it. if you see that light stay on and flash or just stay on it is the bypass. you can also relearn the tach also to see if it is that. on the polarstarts the procedure is. Flash the hood pin and make sure the parklights stay on, then get in vechile and hold down the brake pedal.then with the polar remote press the lock&unlock and the same time. the parklights should flash at you. release the brake pedal and then start the vechile with the key. wait for the vechile to idle down then press and hold the brake pedal until the parklights flash at you again.the tach is done. if you dont get any parklight flashes then the tach is not working and will have to find another one
rtebbutt 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2010 at 7:44 PM / IP Logged  
thanks, I'll give that a try.
Ryan

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic