icon

reset pkfm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
stroked4.6 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2010 at 4:47 PM / IP Logged  

Been busy the last couple nights but I just tried it when I got home from work and it still wont program. Just to clear one thing up...

(Method 1)I am plugging the harness in holding the button the light comes on then off and I release it. (Method 2)If I plug the harness in the light will go on if I release the button before the light goes out the light will stay on. Which is the right way becasue maybe my module just isnt resetting since if I do methind 2 the light will not go out.

Is method 1 or 2 correct because neither are working for me. How long should it take for the light to go on then off when restting the module?

kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,789
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2010 at 7:28 PM / IP Logged  

With a PKFM the instructions read like your method 2:

RESET:

Press & hold program button while plugging in 10 pin harness. When LED turns on release button. When LED turns off Reset is
complete.

But note that it says the 10 pin harness and in D2D mode there is no power or ground in the 10 pin harness.  Unfortunately I am switching over to IDatalink modules and don't have a PKFM or XK04 available to play with.  What happens if you leave the 4 pin D2D in and just do it with the 10 pin harness?

Soldering is fun!
stroked4.6 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2010 at 7:45 PM / IP Logged  
If I just disconnect the 10 pin I get different lights everytime. Sometimes when I disconnect and reconnect it will blink fast, or the LED lights up and stays on, or nothing at all will happen. What I'm doing is disconnecting the D2D harness too when I reconnect the wires.
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2010 at 9:52 AM / IP Logged  
Very frustrating.   At this point, I would try re-flashing the PKFM module with the PKFord firmware.  That will reset the module or if the re-flash fails, let you know the module is bad. 
Soldering is fun!
stroked4.6 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2010 at 4:06 PM / IP Logged  

Could I reflash it with the firmware or do I need to bring it to a shop? Sorry could you just explain that.

Thanks for all the help. Where in NY are you?

kreg357 
Posted: January 29, 2010 at 4:40 PM / IP Logged  

The PKFM module comes loaded with the PKFord firmware.  PKFM module is a version

of the XK04 module.  The XK04 module can be loaded with various firmwares
to handle the bypass of specific cars.  The Directed web site has the lists.

http://www.xpresskit.com/product.aspx?productid=202

The web site also has the program you can download to your PC to do the

actual module flash process but you need the XKLoader cable that connects
to your PC's usb port and then to the PKFM module.

I also sent you a PM.  reset pkfm - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

Soldering is fun!
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic